OpenCL* for CPU
Ask questions and share information on Intel® SDK for OpenCL™ Applications and OpenCL™ implementations for Intel® CPU.
Announcements
This forum covers OpenCL* for CPU only. OpenCL* for GPU questions can be asked in the GPU Compute Software forum. Intel® FPGA SDK for OpenCL™ questions can be ask in the FPGA Intel® High Level Design forum.
1718 Discussions

How can I get Debug Symbol file for an application (Eg: matrix multiplication) downloaded from code sample?

Sudipta_P_Intel
Employee

Hi,

I have downloaded few application such as matrix multiplication form the code samples given in this site. I am trying to trace the function calls of those applications using perf. perf is listing the function names but they are in hex-code. In order to get the name of the function I need to get the debugger version it seems. But I couldn't find it in the site.

In the Makefile, a -g option was available but it didn't work.

Could anyone please help?

Thanks & regards,

Sudipta Paul

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Georg_Z_Intel
Employee

Hello,

which sample application do you use exactly? Please provide the link where you downloaded it.
You'd need the source code and (re)compile with -g to get debug information.

Please elaborate.

Best regards,

Georg Zitzlsberger

0 Kudos
Sudipta_P_Intel
Employee

Hi,

here is the link:

https://software.intel.com/en-us/intel-opencl-support/code-samples

I am using General matrix multiplication 

(it is listed under "OpenCL 1.2 samples for Linux:")

I tried debugging the code with -g option but it didn't work. The result was "make: invalid option -- 'g'" then it listed out all the options. There was an option "--debug". That doesn't seem to work either.

Could you please suggest something.

Thanks and regards,

Sudipta

0 Kudos
Georg_Z_Intel
Employee

Thank you for the link. Since this is related to OpenCL* I'll reassign it to the proper forum.

Best regards,

Georg Zitzlsberger

0 Kudos