I am trying to update my OpenCL Drivers but i cannot find out how to do it. The https://software.intel.com/en-us/articles/opencl-drivers seems like the site to find them, but the SDK for windows does not contain the drivers, the CPU-ONLY drivers will not even start installing (complaining that i have a graphics driver installed) and the GPU driver (which i guess also contains the cpu driver??) can only be installed through the intel driver update utility, which does not give me the option to update anything other than a bluetooth driver.
Hope you can help me and maybe clear up my confusion about why this should be so hard
OS: Windows 10
Installed drivers(as reported by Code builder)
- Experimental OpenCL 2.1 CPU Only Platform
- Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-4710HQ CPU @ 2.50GHz (Device Driver Version 184.108.40.2060)
- Intel(R) OpenCL
- Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-4710HQ CPU @ 2.50GHz (Device Driver Version 220.127.116.1149)
- Intel(R) HD Graphics 4600 (Device Driver Version 10.18.15.4256)
- NVIDIA CUDA
- GeForce GTX 860M (Device Driver Version 373.06)
For Windows, when you install or update the graphics driver (Windows update, downloadcenter.intel.com, etc.) the additional libraries needed to run Media SDK and OpenCL applications are included.
More information here: https://software.intel.com/en-us/articles/driver-support-matrix-for-media-sdk-and-opencl
1. To download the GPU runtimes:
- Windows : Please visit the Graphics Drivers Downloads page to download the driver.
- Linux: To install the driver packages, follow the Installation Guide applicable for your Linux distribution.
2. To download the CPU runtimes:
Please download Intel® oneAPI Base Toolkit which includes the Intel OpenCL™ CPU runtime or visit the Intel® CPU Runtime for OpenCL™ Applications with SYCL support page to download the Intel OpenCL™ CPU runtime standalone package.