OpenCL* for CPU
Ask questions and share information on Intel® SDK for OpenCL™ Applications and OpenCL™ implementations for Intel® CPU.
Announcements
This forum covers OpenCL* for CPU only. OpenCL* for GPU questions can be asked in the GPU Compute Software forum. Intel® FPGA SDK for OpenCL™ questions can be ask in the FPGA Intel® High Level Design forum.

Instaltion of Visual Studio templates for OpenCL

bruce_n_
Beginner

I am making my first attempt to use Intel SDK for OpenCL. I download and installed the software. In Visual Studio Community 2013, I now have a new top level menu header 'CODE-BUILDER", and I can also start up 'OpenCL Code Builder' as a standalone app. So clearly an installation occurred. But when I go to File/New/Project, there is nothing under 'Installed'. All of the documentation shows that should be OpenCL templates there. My OS is Windows 10 and my hardware is 2015 Mac PowerBook 13".

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Robert_I_Intel
Employee

Hi Bruce,

You mean you don't see anything like the following:

Could you please provide the screenshot of this dialog on your system?

0 Kudos
ashwin_k_
Beginner

Hi Robert,

Was planning to post a similar query.

I recently installed SDK version intel_sdk_for_opencl_setup_6.1.0.1600
Then Visual Studio 15.
But I cannot see OpenCL in the Installed templates in the Visual C++ as you have above.
I wanted to convert an existing project to OpenCL, But there too I do not see the option "Convert to a project for OpenCL API"
Note: I am able to open the sample OpenCL projects in Visual Studio and run them though.

Can you let know what am I missing here ?

What should I do to get it in the Templates and also in the Menu to convert existing project to OpenCL ?

My screen shot is similar to your, except for the Android, OpenCL and OpenCV options.

Regards,
Ashwin

0 Kudos