OpenCL* for CPU
Ask questions and share information on Intel® SDK for OpenCL™ Applications and OpenCL™ implementations for Intel® CPU.
Announcements
This forum covers OpenCL* for CPU only. OpenCL* for GPU questions can be asked in the GPU Compute Software forum. Intel® FPGA SDK for OpenCL™ questions can be ask in the FPGA Intel® High Level Design forum.
1718 Discussions

Intel(r) OpenCL SDK Alpha update now available - 64 bit support, 1.1 full coverage, and more

ARNON_P_Intel
Employee

Now available!

Intel OpenCL SDK update with full coverage of the OpenCL* 1.1 standard to the Intel CoreTM processors, and support for both 32-bit and 64-bit applications on Windows* based operation systems.

Lots of great feedback in this forum has helped to shape this update release and I would like to thank you. We continue to process your feedback and will extend our support and feature set in future releases.

Here is whats new:

• 64 bit support
  • Full coverage of the OpenCL 1.1 standard on the CPU (check Intel OpenCL SDK website for conformance status)
  • Preview Feature: Support for printf() in OpenCL C kernels (cl_intel_printf)
  • Preview Feature: Support for function overloading (cl_intel_overloading)
  • Intel OpenCL Offline compiler bug fixes and improvements
  • Many other bug fixes
Regards,
- Arnon
0 Kudos
4 Replies
applemax82
Beginner
I have triedintel_ocl_sdk_alpha_x64.exe. Its product overview says the alpha version only supports Intel core processor device.GPU is also integrated intosandy bridge. When canIntel openclsupport GPU device in sandy bridge? Thanks!
0 Kudos
ARNON_P_Intel
Employee
This topic is being discuss on a different thread:
http://software.intel.com/en-us/forums/showthread.php?t=79766&o=a&s=lr

You can read the status there or in the FAQ section on the SDK front page.
Regards,

0 Kudos
nagendra_v_
Beginner

I am having Tesla M2050 GPU and Xeon(R) CPU  X5650  on my machine and OpenCL 1.1 installed on it for Nvidia GPU, I want to run OpenCL  programe on Intel cpu but I am not able to get OpenCL 1.1 SDK for Intel only OpenCL 1.2 SDK for Intel cpu is available , so from where I can get OpenCL 1.1 SDK for Intel CPU.

0 Kudos
Raghupathi_M_Intel

Any reason you need OpenCL 1.1? You can install 1.2 and only use 1.1 features.

Raghu

0 Kudos