OpenCL* for CPU
Ask questions and share information on Intel® SDK for OpenCL™ Applications and OpenCL™ implementations for Intel® CPU.
Announcements
This forum covers OpenCL* for CPU only. OpenCL* for GPU questions can be asked in the GPU Compute Software forum. Intel® FPGA SDK for OpenCL™ questions can be ask in the FPGA Intel® High Level Design forum.
1718 Discussions

Is there any OpenCL 2.0 driver available for intel graphics?

Liu__jue
Beginner

Hi all,

My goal is to enable OpenCL2.0 features on my Intel graphics (Intel® HD Graphics 510).

After a fresh installation of intel-opencl-2.0-2.0-54425.tar.gz on my Ubuntu 14.04,

finally the sample code CapsBasic can list all my available platforms and devices.

The version of OpenCL driver detected for CPU (Intel(R) Pentium(R) CPU G4400 @ 3.30GHz) is 2.0 as I expect, but is 1.2 for GPU.

I have also tried intel_sdk_for_opencl_2016_ubuntu_6.2.0.1760_x64.tgz, which is referred to as Intel® SDK for OpenCL™ Applications 2016 R2 for Linux* (64 bit), either based on previous setup or on a fresh Ubuntu;

after I modify the /etc/ld.so.conf.d/ rules and do sudo ldconfig, there is even no platform can be detected, along with clinfo reporting:

I: ICD loader reports no usable platforms

Many thanks.

Jue

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Jeffrey_M_Intel1
Employee

We just posted a new intel-ocl-r3 driver update on the drivers and runtimes page.  If fully installed you should get OpenCL 2.0 features for GPU as well.

From the release notes: This release provides OpenCL 2.0 support for 5th, 6th and 7th generations of Intel® Core™ and Xeon™ processors with Intel® Processor Graphics Technology not previously disabled by the BIOS or motherboard settings.

You will need to install a driver package in addition to the SDK.  Installation instructions.

0 Kudos
Liu__jue
Beginner

Hi, Jeffrey

It seems that Intel intel-opencl-r3.0 (SRB3) Linux driver package along with Intel® SDK for OpenCL™ Applications 2016 R2 for Linux* (64 bit) can't work as expected on my Ubuntu configuration after following the installation guide.

The sample code CapsBasic displays:

CL_DEVICE_OPENCL_C_VERSION: OpenCL C 1.2

and clinfo reports:

terminate called after throwing an instance of 'unsigned long'
Aborted (core dumped)

Is there anything else I can do to identify the reason?

Many Thanks.

Jue

0 Kudos