OpenCL* for CPU
Ask questions and share information on Intel® SDK for OpenCL™ Applications and OpenCL™ implementations for Intel® CPU.
Announcements
This forum covers OpenCL* for CPU only. OpenCL* for GPU questions can be asked in the GPU Compute Software forum. Intel® FPGA SDK for OpenCL™ questions can be ask in the FPGA Intel® High Level Design forum.

Musemage OpenCL driver degradation

Michael_Schmidt
Beginner

I'm using an i5-3570K with onboard HD4000 and Musemage which supports OpenCL on GPU. I noticed that with every new driver series performance of Musemage decreases. I guess this is not intended. The ingame benchmark makes it pretty easy to compare.

15.26.13.64.2778 score= 2323

15.28.12.64.2932 score= 2105

15.31.64.2885 score= 1576

As you can see the oldest driver series achieves the best score which looks a bit odd.

0 Kudos
6 Replies
Yuri_K_Intel
Employee
Hi Michael, Thank you for the information. I was able to observe a similar pattern in performance figures. So I will forward the information to the appropriate team for investigation. Thanks, Yuri
0 Kudos
Yuri_K_Intel
Employee
Hi Michael, I have submitted a ticket for this issue. But it seems like this is OpenGL, not OpenCL issue. The article at http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/photoshop-cs6-gimp-aftershot-pro,3208-12.html says: "We discovered during testing that Musemage, like Photoshop CS6, does nearly all of its GPU-based acceleration via OpenGL. The only feature Musemage currently codes for OpenCL is HDR processing." And I guess, this was confirmed by our initial analysis. Still an issue though, so thank you for reporting it. Thanks, Yuri
0 Kudos
Yuri_K_Intel
Employee
The ticket I have submitted already has OpenGL assigned as a component, so we just need to wait for the final investigation/fix. Thanks, Yuri
0 Kudos
LLess
Beginner

Can't find that driver on Intel Download page... Is that a beta build ?

0 Kudos
LLess
Beginner

Good blog to be aware of, thanks :)

By the way there is a another one apparently. Anyway I will just wait for the officially released one (or one that Intel send me :).

0 Kudos
LLess
Beginner

Moving to an Haswell system soon (I hope) so I will indeed need a newer driver than that.

Thanks again for the link :)

0 Kudos