Happy New Year!
Intel has announced that Release 3 (R3) of the Intel® SDK for OpenCL* Applications 2013 XE now adds GOLD support for Microsoft Windows* Operating Systems on Intel® Xeon Phi™ coprocessors. The SDK continues to support Red Hat Linux* and SUSE Linux*. Available as a free download, the XE version provides a comprehensive application development environment that supports the full OpenCL 1.2 standard on platforms with Intel® Xeon® processors and Intel Xeon Phi coprocessors. The XE version targets at developers of highly parallel applications including High Performance Compute (HPC), workstations, and data analytics.
XE version page: http://software.intel.com/en-us/vcsource/tools/opencl-sdk-xe
Please note that installation of MPSS ver 3.1.1 is needed (when using Xeon Phi): http://software.intel.com/en-us/articles/intel-manycore-platform-software-stack-mpss-archive#31n-1
The main improvements in this release are:
- Gold support for OpenCL 1.2 using Intel Xeon Phi coprocessor on Windows* OS.
- Performance improvements:
- High performance implementation of clEnqueueFillBuffer() is included in this release
- Execution overhead has been improved. Tiny workgroups now execute significantly faster.
- Better vectorization of 8-bit and 16-bit data types (BYTE, WORD)
- Improved the performance of out-of-order queues
- Fixed kernel compilation crashes under debug and profiling modes
- Two new Xeon Phi performance related environment variables. Recommended settings below (details in the user guide):
- CL_CONFIG_MIC_DEVICE_NO_DMA_PREVIEW = 1
- CL_CONFIG_MIC_DEVICE_2MB_POOL_INIT_SIZE_MB = [Your total required buffers memory (peak)]