OpenCL* for CPU
Ask questions and share information on Intel® SDK for OpenCL™ Applications and OpenCL™ implementations for Intel® CPU.
Announcements
This forum covers OpenCL* for CPU only. OpenCL* for GPU questions can be asked in the GPU Compute Software forum. Intel® FPGA SDK for OpenCL™ questions can be ask in the FPGA Intel® High Level Design forum.
1719 Discussions

Offline Compilation Mode GPU: OpenCL Applications 2013 Beta

gudge_g_
Beginner

Hi,

Could you please let me know if there is a offline compilation mode which I can use from command line or from GUI (command line preferable) for Intel GPU. I see in the user guide http://software.intel.com/sites/default/files/m/e/7/0/3/1/33857-Intel_28R_29_OpenCL_SDK_User_Guide.pdf there is a offline compilation icon. I am using "Intel SDK for OpenCL Applications 2013 Beta - download here". I do not see that icon on Intel Kernel Builder GUI tool.

Please correct me if I am wrong. I think OpenCL Applications 2013 Beta is the first time you have put in support for GPU's.

Thanks,

Gudge

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Raghupathi_M_Intel
ioc/ioc64 is a command line utility that the GUI actually invokes for offline compilation. Its in the bin directory. Run the command with -help to display command line options. GPU support is in the 2012 SDK also, so this is not the first time for GPU support. Hope that helps. Raghu
0 Kudos
gudge_g_
Beginner
Hi Raghu, I used the following options: ioc64.exe -cmd=compile -input=test.cl -device=gpu I get the following error message: Using default instruction set architecture. Failed to create context for Intel OpenCL HD Graphics device... Build failed! ioc64 -help doesn't list any offline compilation mode. I have a Intel Xeon CPU and not a i5 or i7. I do understand I would not be able to run the program on my machine. At this point I just want to compile it. The kernel has no syntax issues. It compiles perfectly fine with -device=cpu. Thanks for your help. Thanks, Gudge
0 Kudos
Raghupathi_M_Intel
Hi Gudge, To find out if your system has OpenCL support follow this link (http://software.intel.com/en-us/articles/opencl-2013-release-notes/). GPU support is only available on Intel® Xeon® Processor E3 Family V2 with Intel® HD Graphics P4000 running Windows OS. On Intel® Xeon® Processor 3000/5000/6000/7000 Sequences, OpenCL is only supported on CPU (both Windows and Linux OSes). Even to just compile the kernel you need the compiler that gets installed with the graphics driver. Since your driver doesn't have OpenCL support you cannot compile the kernel. Raghu
0 Kudos
gudge_g_
Beginner
Hi Raghu, My processor information comes listed as Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU W3530 @2.80 GHZ 2.79GHz. So I assume it is 3000 series where the drivers for GPU are not available. Thanks,
0 Kudos