OpenCL* for CPU
Ask questions and share information on Intel® SDK for OpenCL™ Applications and OpenCL™ implementations for Intel® CPU.
Announcements
This forum covers OpenCL* for CPU only. OpenCL* for GPU questions can be asked in the GPU Compute Software forum. Intel® FPGA SDK for OpenCL™ questions can be ask in the FPGA Intel® High Level Design forum.
1718 Discussions

OpenCL CPU Runtime template build error - CL Failed to get platform id

SailingDreams
New Contributor I

(This may be the third post because I’ve posted this twice before but for some reason don’t see it showing up in the forum. Perhaps it’s because of the attachments or hyperlinks?)

In MSVC 2019 I created a new OpenCL CPU runtime template project and tried to build it (no changes were made to the code)

Below is the error I get:

Severity Code Description Project File Line Suppression State

Error CL Failed to get platform id...: 0 (CL_SUCCESS) CPUOpenCLProjectforWindows1 C:\Users\epatt\source\repos\CPUOpenCLProjectforWindows1\Template.cl 1

Severity Code Description Project File Line Suppression State

Error MSB3721 The command ""C:\Program Files (x86)\IntelSWTools\system_studio_2020\OpenCL\sdk\bin\x86\ioc32.exe" -cmd=build -input="C:\Users\epatt\source\repos\CPUOpenCLProjectforWindows1\Template.cl" -output="Debug\Template.out" -VS -device=CPU -targetos=current -bo=" "" exited with code 14. CPUOpenCLProjectforWindows1 C:\Program Files (x86)\IntelSWTools\system_studio_2020\OpenCL\sdk\BuildCustomizations\IntelOpenCL.targets 49

I have clinfo output and the MSVC -> About info that I’ll attach to this thread once I see the post in the forum (in case that is what prevents this question from being posted

My laptop (Dell Inspiron 5567 Gen 7) has the Intel® Core™ i5-7200U Processor with integrated Intel® HD Graphics 620. There are no other graphics cards.

The Device Manager says the graphics driver is 30.0.101.1660 3/18/2022. It was installed using the Intel Support assistant

The SDK I installed is intel_sdk_for_opencl_applications_2020.3.494

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Reply
SailingDreams
New Contributor I
0 Kudos