OpenCL* for CPU
Ask questions and share information on Intel® SDK for OpenCL™ Applications and OpenCL™ implementations for Intel® CPU.
Announcements
This forum covers OpenCL* for CPU only. OpenCL* for GPU questions can be asked in the GPU Compute Software forum. Intel® FPGA SDK for OpenCL™ questions can be ask in the FPGA Intel® High Level Design forum.

OpenCL Sandy Bridge CPU driver and khr_gl_sharing

MSimm2
New Contributor I

Is there a opencl 1.2 CPU driver for a "Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-2600 CPU @ 3.40GHz" that support khr_gl_sharing with the HD2000 GPU?
If I install the OpenCL™ Runtime 15.1 I get a opencl 1.2 cpu driver but it has no khr_gl_sharing

The opencl 1.1 cpu driver that comes with the graphics driver does support khr_gl_sharing

Does Intel support opencl CPU khr_gl_sharing with older Intel GMA graphics chipsets (for opencl 1.1? opencl 1.2?)
What about non-intel graphics chipsets (Nvidia, AMD etc)

Is there a table of what is supported on what?

On my Haswell machine the 4.2.0.148(?) opencl driver is opencl 1.2 and supports cl_khr_gl_sharing
if I install the OpenCL™ Runtime 15.1 on it I get a 5.0.? cpu driver without khr_gl_sharing

Anyway. My application need khr_gl_sharing and prefers opencl 1.2. I need to be able to tell people what works and what doesn't.

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Robert_I_Intel
Employee

Please see the latest and greatest Sandy Bridge drivers here: https://downloadcenter.intel.com/search?keyword=2nd+Generation+Intel%C2%AE+Core%E2%84%A2+Processors+with+Intel%C2%AE+HD+Graphics+3000%2f2000

If they don't support cl_khr_gl_sharing on the CPU, you are probably out of luck.

0 Kudos
Panayiotis_P_
Novice

I need openCL 1.2 (CPU) support for intel hd 3000 for i7-2640m sandy bridge.

I also need openGL 3.3 support for i7-2640m sandy bridge.

I need Intel development support to continue developing our driver and our graphics card.

Please do your best.

0 Kudos