OpenCL* for CPU
Ask questions and share information on Intel® SDK for OpenCL™ Applications and OpenCL™ implementations for Intel® CPU.
Announcements
This forum covers OpenCL* for CPU only. OpenCL* for GPU questions can be asked in the GPU Compute Software forum. Intel® FPGA SDK for OpenCL™ questions can be ask in the FPGA Intel® High Level Design forum.
1719 Discussions

OpenCL integration within Visual Studio 2019

Fazal__Rizwan
Beginner

Dear all,

I am new to OpenCL world and curios to learn about it myself. Recently I have installed visual studio 2019 community version and heard that we can develop opencl applications using visual studio. Unfortunately, I couldn't find enough reasonable information about integrating opencl into visual studio for application development. Can anyone please help me in this regard? My question is 'How to integrate openCL into visual studio 2019 or visual studio 2015?

Looking forward to your prompt response please. Thank you.

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Sergey_I_Intel1
Employee

Hello,

To integrate OpenCL into Visual Studio 2019, you should install Intel(R) System Studio 2020, which also have integration into Visual Studio 2017.

You can find it here.

Best regards,

Sergey

0 Kudos
Fazal__Rizwan
Beginner

Sergey I. (Intel) wrote:

Hello,

To integrate OpenCL into Visual Studio 2019, you should install Intel(R) System Studio 2020, which also have integration into Visual Studio 2017.

You can find it here.

Best regards,

Sergey

Dear Sergey,

You mean if I install Intel's System Studio 2020, it will automatically integrate opencl into the Visual Studio 2019? 

Best regards,

Rizwan Fazal

0 Kudos
Sergey_I_Intel1
Employee

Yes, Intel(R) System Studio contains OpenCL Tools with plugins for Visual Studio 2019.

With installation, you can choose to install only OpenCL Tools, if you don't need something else from System Studio.

Best regards,

Sergey

0 Kudos
Fazal__Rizwan
Beginner

I downloaded Intel® System Studio for Windows as I am using Windows 8, but it says, only Windows 7 and 10 are supported for this System Studio version :-( 

Should I continue to install it on Windows 8 anyway as the installer didn't stop me to proceed towards installation? OR any possibility to find previous versions like System Studio 2019 update 5, which I at-least couldn't find on Intel's website.

Thanks and Regards,

Rizwan Fazal

0 Kudos
Sergey_I_Intel1
Employee

You can try install it on Windows 8, we didn't check it, cause it's not supported.

As I remember, 2019 Update 5 also supports only Windows 7 and Windows 10.

Best regards,

Sergey

0 Kudos