OpenCL* for CPU
Ask questions and share information on Intel® SDK for OpenCL™ Applications and OpenCL™ implementations for Intel® CPU.
Announcements
This forum covers OpenCL* for CPU only. OpenCL* for GPU questions can be asked in the GPU Compute Software forum. Intel® FPGA SDK for OpenCL™ questions can be ask in the FPGA Intel® High Level Design forum.

Problem Opencl VS2015

BDahl2
Novice

I had installed the newest opencl sdk (R3), but when i load vs2015 i receive the following error message: "Codebuilder initialization failed. Kernelbuilderapi.dll Exception HRESULT 0x8007007F

0 Kudos
19 Replies
Robert_I_Intel
Employee

Brian,

Please let us know what Processor, Operating System, Graphics Driver Version you have. Did you upgrade from the previous version of the OpenCL SDK? Which version of Visual Studio 2015 you have?

Thanks!

0 Kudos
BDahl2
Novice

Hi Robert,

I have Windows 10 64bit, CPU i5-3320M, Graphic Driver Version 10.18.10.427 and tested also with 15.33.38.64.4252 VS2015 Ultimate (with newest Patches and Updates). I had tested as Upgrade and new installed Version...

0 Kudos
Robert_I_Intel
Employee

Hi Brian,

Could you please do the following:

1. install the following driver: https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25313/Intel-HD-Graphics-Driver-for-Windows-7-8-1-10-3rd-Gen-BYT-

2. restart your system

3. try to run VS2015

If you are still having problems, please uninstall OpenCL SDK, restart and reinstall it again.

Let me know if the problems will continue after that: it could be that VS2015/Win10/Ivy Bridge processor is untested configuration.

0 Kudos
Sean_S_3
Beginner

I'm having the same problem and I followed all your steps above without any luck (fresh install of the Intel OpenCL SDK using intel_sdk_for_opencl_2015_r3_x64_setup.msi).  I've got an Intel Core i7-3630QM running Windows 10 Pro and Visual Studio 2015 Professional.

Btw, it seems the driver version in your steps is the same version that Microsoft originally automatically installed, except there is an interesting crash I found with win64_153339.exe that didn't exist with the Microsoft provided Intel driver: Graphics Properties... > Options and Support > Information Center, and then close the control panel by clicking the X in the upper right corner.  The BSOD error is KERNEL_SECURE_CHECK_FAILURE.  Interestingly, when I click the start menu shortcut for Intel Code Builder (64-bit) I get the same BSOD error immediately.  Not sure if those two are related, but too much of a coincidence.

0 Kudos
Sean_S_3
Beginner

Bump.  Is there any update to a solution for this?  The last suggestion here doesn't resolve the error for my system.

0 Kudos
Robert_I_Intel
Employee

Hi Sean, not sure what to do at this point: I have an Ivy Bridge machine running the driver above on a Windows 8.1 and just installed VS2015 Pro. Code Builder tool works fine there. So it must be a combination of Ivy Bridge + Windows 10 + VS2015. I will contact our tools team to see if they tested this particular configuration or have the means to do so.

0 Kudos
Robert_I_Intel
Employee

Hi Brian, Sean,

We replicated the issue, identified the root cause and fixed this problem. The problem is going to be fixed in the next release.

1) OpenCL.DLL is not installed into SYSWOW64 windows system folder when installing the OpenCL SDK.

2) The GFX driver does install the DLL, but an older file - Version 1.2.

0 Kudos
Sean_S_3
Beginner

Awesome Robert, well done to you and your team tracking it down and fixing it!

0 Kudos
Priyangga_J_
Beginner

Sorry sir, for interupting this discussion, I had an error while using code builder. It gives me an error : 

Code Builder Initialization Failed: Failed to retrieve the number of devices: -32 (CL_INVALID_PLATFORM)

What's any suggestion for this? 

Btw before I get this error , I also get the error "Codebuilder initialization failed. Kernelbuilderapi.dll Exception HRESULT 0x8007007F" but I done your advice that "copy the OpenCL.dll to sysWOW64 from OpenCL SDK -which is ver.2.0- " And it fix it but now I got those error.

0 Kudos
Robert_I_Intel
Employee

Hi Priyangga,

Which version of the OS are you using? Which processor? Which graphics driver version? Which version of the OpenCL SDK? Thanks!

0 Kudos
Priyangga_J_
Beginner

Thanks for the replay

Im using

Processors : Intel(R) Core(TM) i3-2350M CPU @ 2.30GHz (4 CPUs), ~2.3GHz

Graphic Dirver version : 9.17.10.4229

OpenCl SDK version : 6.0.0.1049

FYI Graphic device : intel(r) hd graphics 3000, that im already aware that this device doesn't support opencl. But, is it possible that OpenCL run from the CPU only? Which is what im to do here. Then those errors comes up. 

0 Kudos
Robert_I_Intel
Employee

You could try to download the standalone CPU OpenCL driver from here https://software.intel.com/en-us/articles/opencl-drivers#core_xeo​n

Let me know whether that worked for you.

0 Kudos
chance_p_
Beginner

Hello, I am facing the exact same problem.

CPU: Core i5-3230M

Graphics: HD 4000

Driver: 15.33.43.4425 (latest as of writing this)

OpenCL SDK: 2016 R2 (6.1.0.1600)

I got the exact same error as the first post (Codebuilder initialization failed. Kernelbuilderapi.dll Exception HRESULT 0x8007007F). I tried all the suggested steps (reinstall SDK and graphics driver, etc). That did not work.

User Robert. I. suggested (https://software.intel.com/en-us/forums/opencl/topic/603665#comment-1857032) that the OpenCL dll might be the old version. I checked in SysWOW64 and found that despite having the latest version of the graphics driver, the dll version was 1.2.11.00.

I tried replacing both x86 and x64 dlls with the ICD dlls in the OpenCL SDK install directory (OpenCL SDK\6.1\bin\icd) which were version 2.1.

However that did not fix the problem. Now I get "Code Builder initialization failed. An attempt was made to load a program with an incorrect format. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x8007000B)".

0 Kudos
Uri_L_Intel
Employee

Hi Chance,

According to the error message it looks like incorrect file format is trying to be loaded by the tool.

Can you please check that you've copied the relevant OpenCL.dll files to the right location?

OpenCL SDK\6.1\bin\icd\x86\OpenCL.dll should to be copied to C:\Windows\SysWOW64

and

OpenCL SDK\6.1\bin\icd\x64\OpenCL.dll should to be copied to C:\Windows\System32

Thanks,

Uri

0 Kudos
chance_p_
Beginner

Uri Levy (Intel) wrote:

Hi Chance,

According to the error message it looks like incorrect file format is trying to be loaded by the tool.

Can you please check that you've copied the relevant OpenCL.dll files to the right location?

OpenCL SDK\6.1\bin\icd\x86\OpenCL.dll should to be copied to C:\Windows\SysWOW64

and

OpenCL SDK\6.1\bin\icd\x64\OpenCL.dll should to be copied to C:\Windows\System32

Thanks,

Uri

Hello Uri, thanks for your response.

You were right, I had incorrectly assumed that SysWoW64 was the 64-bit version. Anyway, now I have copied the x86 dll to SysWow64 and the x64 one to System32. Sadly the issue has not been resolved.

In Visual Studio, I can see the Code Builder Platform Info tree listing all Intel OpenCL devices. (See screenshot #1).

The experimental CPU only platform is apparently fine, I can see its properties (screenshot #2).

However, the two other devices under OpenCL do not appear to be working. When I try to see their properties, Visual Studio crashes (screenshot #3).

I tried launching OpenCL Code Builder. When I click on Device Info button, I get the following error message: "Failed to get the device supported image formats: -2 (CL_DEVICE_NOT_AVAILABLE)" (screenshot #4). This is the case for both 64-bit and 32-bit versions of Code Builder.

Thanks.

0 Kudos
andre_i_
Beginner

Hello I also had the same problem

CPU : Intel Core i7 920
GPU: NVIDIA GTX780 Ti

0 Kudos
Huaye_L_
Beginner

Hi I meet a problem on opencCL and VS2012. I installed opencl SDK with VS2012 plug-in and also the drivers. But when I start VS2012, it says "could not load OCLDebugEnginePackage" and CODE-BUILDER does not work. Anyone knows how to handle this? thanks.

0 Kudos
siromoni__sandipan

While installing the Intel Opencl SDK on an Intel core i5 (system), I am facing 1 issue: "GPU not supported".

My cpu is an intel i5 core and working on vm ware OS is CentOS 7.2 core.

So I have downloaded and untarred that intel opencl sdk from the intel site for centos.

But when I try to execute this script, install_GUI.sh, at some point it is says "GPU not supported".

I have already installed dkms packages by sudo yum install epel-release dkms' command and got the latest java version, java 8.

But still it is giving the same error that the GPU not supported.

Can anyone help me on this issue?

opncl.PNG

0 Kudos
Gou__Tokura
Beginner

Robert I. (Intel) wrote:

Hi Brian, Sean,

We replicated the issue, identified the root cause and fixed this problem. The problem is going to be fixed in the next release.

1) OpenCL.DLL is not installed into SYSWOW64 windows system folder when installing the OpenCL SDK.

2) The GFX driver does install the DLL, but an older file - Version 1.2.

Downloadapplication/zip OpenCL_dll.zip

Downloadapplication/zip OpenCL_dll.zip

Hi Robert. Does this problem exist with the newest OpenCL SDK? Code-Builder crashes my Visual Studio 2017, although it is supposed to work now.

0 Kudos