OpenCL* for CPU
Ask questions and share information on Intel® SDK for OpenCL™ Applications and OpenCL™ implementations for Intel® CPU.
Announcements
This forum covers OpenCL* for CPU only. OpenCL* for GPU questions can be asked in the GPU Compute Software forum. Intel® FPGA SDK for OpenCL™ questions can be ask in the FPGA Intel® High Level Design forum.
1719 Discussions

Problems with CL / GL interop

Alec_W_
Beginner

I am using the 2014 version of Intel SDK for OpenCL Apps.

I am developing an application that shares a buffer between openGL and openCL.  When I run my application from the debugger (VS2013), it fails in clCreateContext() -- i get the error code CL_INVALID_PLATFORM.  If I run outside the debugger, then the call to clCreateContext() works fine.

I observe the exact same problem when I run the Intel sample application: I downloaded intel_ocl_ogl_interop.zip, I build it, and I get exactly the same issue: fails in the debugger, works when I start the app from the command line.

I am running on a Core i7-3667 CPU with HD4000 GPU.  My OS is Windows 8.1.

Any suggested work-arounds?

-Alec

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Yuri_K_Intel
Employee
Hi Alec, Thank you for reporting this issue. It is reproducible on our side and I will create a ticket for it. Meanwhile, as a workaround, you may disable API debugger in 'TOOLS'->'Code Builder - Options'->'API Debugger Tab'->untick 'Enable OpenCL API Debugger'. Thanks, Yuri
0 Kudos
Alec_W_
Beginner

Thanks, that fixed my problem.

-Alec

0 Kudos