OpenCL* for CPU
Ask questions and share information on Intel® SDK for OpenCL™ Applications and OpenCL™ implementations for Intel® CPU.
Announcements
This forum covers OpenCL* for CPU only. OpenCL* for GPU questions can be asked in the GPU Compute Software forum. Intel® FPGA SDK for OpenCL™ questions can be ask in the FPGA Intel® High Level Design forum.
1718 Discussions

Some strange phenomenon when using the Image2D objects

Rui_Z_
Beginner

Hello everyone.

When I was using the image2D objects to optimize my application, there was a strange phenomenon happened. 

I have set the width and the height of the image2D buffer and the performance would increase as the height increase while the width decrease.

However, after I modified my opencl code to try another implementation and then restore the code to its status before modification, the performance was slower than before. And the performance would increase as the height decrease while the width increase.

I have checked my code carefully only to find that the codes are perfectly the same. So I don't know what happend.

Could anyone come across the same problem and explain this to me?

Thanks a lot!

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Jeffrey_M_Intel1
Employee
Is this behavior reproducible? That is -- can you start with a fresh boot of your system, make some changes, restore to the original, and see a consistent slowdown? Is the performance back to expected levels after a reboot? Anything that could help us reproduce the problem here would be helpful. Thanks, Jeff
0 Kudos