OpenCL* for CPU
Ask questions and share information on Intel® SDK for OpenCL™ Applications and OpenCL™ implementations for Intel® CPU.
Announcements
This forum covers OpenCL* for CPU only. OpenCL* for GPU questions can be asked in the GPU Compute Software forum. Intel® FPGA SDK for OpenCL™ questions can be ask in the FPGA Intel® High Level Design forum.
1719 Discussions

Unhandled exception IntelOpenCLProfiler.dll

Marc_A_
Beginner

Hi,

I have just installed OpenCL Code builder on top of Visual 2013 and followed the user manual steps to run the OCL Kernel development and Application analysis. However, I have trouble debugging with OpenCL API debugger : when debugging the template project in CPU-mode, it stops at this line in FindOpenCLPlatform function of OpenCLProjectCodeBuilder.cpp  :

err = clGetPlatformIDs(0, NULL, &numPlatforms);

with the following message :

Unhandled exception at 0x56B1AD75 (IntelOpenCLProfiler.dll) in OpenCLProjectCodeBuilder.exe: 0xC0000005: Access violation reading location 0x00000000.

My configuration is as follows :

CPU : Corei5-4300M

GPU : AMD Hainan and Intel HD Graphics 4600 (the latter is not listed in the Code Builder Platform Info Tree)

VisualStudio 2013

Code Builder installed from MSS Pro 2015R6 (Code Buider API Debugger 4.0.0.1)

Device : Intel(R) CPU (-device=CPU)

Thanks for your help !

Marc

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Robert_I_Intel
Employee

Marc,

What is your graphics driver version? Please make sure to update to the latest and greatest driver for your system: https://downloadcenter.intel.com/product/81496/Intel-HD-Graphics-4600-for-4th-Generation-Intel-Core-Processors

0 Kudos
Marc_A_
Beginner

Hi Robert,

thanks for your advice, I installed the last driver and did not see the problem again.

Regards,

Marc

0 Kudos