OpenCL* for CPU
Ask questions and share information on Intel® SDK for OpenCL™ Applications and OpenCL™ implementations for Intel® CPU.
Announcements
This forum covers OpenCL* for CPU only. OpenCL* for GPU questions can be asked in the GPU Compute Software forum. Intel® FPGA SDK for OpenCL™ questions can be ask in the FPGA Intel® High Level Design forum.

high cpu usage on module libigdrcl

Fan_Z_2
Beginner

Hi,

After running some performance tests on VtuneAMP and VisiualStudio performance Analyzer, they both showed that the module libigdrcl took a lot of CPU usage.Is this module  the  opencl driver library? looks like every opencl enqueue  API will finally call this dynamic library.It is unnatural that this module will cost this much CPU. Vtune labeled 90% of this module's CPU time to status Poor, other 10% to status OK. 

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Robert_I_Intel
Employee

Hi Fan,

libigdrcl is one of the OpenCL driver dlls, so you should expect high CPU usage from it during workload submission.

0 Kudos
Fan_Z_2
Beginner

Hi Robert,

My goal is to lower CPU usage by offload some work to GPU, but due to the high CPU usage from the OPENCL driver, it can't be done.It would be very helpful if you could give me some clues on what operation will have a significant impact on the CPU usage.Thank you.  

0 Kudos
Robert_I_Intel
Employee

Hi Fan,

Could you provide a workload you are trying to run as well as let me know what OS/Processor/Graphics driver version are you using?

Thanks!

0 Kudos