OpenCL* for CPU
Ask questions and share information on Intel® SDK for OpenCL™ Applications and OpenCL™ implementations for Intel® CPU.
Announcements
This forum covers OpenCL* for CPU only. OpenCL* for GPU questions can be asked in the GPU Compute Software forum. Intel® FPGA SDK for OpenCL™ questions can be ask in the FPGA Intel® High Level Design forum.
1719 Discussions

symbol "cl_intel_subgroups" defined for the plain CPU target device

allanmac1
Beginner

The symbol "cl_intel_subgroups" is defined for the CPU target device.

It shouldn't be.

Drivers:

• CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-6820HQ CPU @ 2.70GHz / 7.2.0.10
  • GPU: HD 530 / 22.20.16.4729

Kernel attached.

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Jeffrey_M_Intel1
Employee

Thanks for this report.  I agree this does not seem right.  I'm investigating and will get back to you in a day or two.

0 Kudos
allanmac1
Beginner

Here is a temporary workaround that will squelch this error on Intel CL 2.0 CPU compilers while supporting a CL1.2 GPU target like Apollo Lake:

#if (__OPENCL_VERSION__ == CL_VERSION_1_2) && defined ( cl_intel_subgroups ) || defined ( cl_khr_subgroups )

0 Kudos
Jeffrey_M_Intel1
Employee

Sorry for the delayed reply.  Glad you've found a workaround.  

I've replicated your report with the 4729 driver, and a bug report is filed.  As I've investigated, I've found some strange (but unrelated) behavior with this driver and Intel(R) SDK for OpenCL(tm) Applications 2016 R3 too.  The 4729 driver build is from the new 15.46 branch.  

Until the next SDK release you may have better results on the 15.45 driver branch.  I tested with the latest 15.45 release, 15.45.19.4678, and was not able to replicate the behavior you've described.  

0 Kudos
allanmac1
Beginner

Jeffrey -- thanks for digging into the situation!

I'll revert back to .4678 if it becomes a problem... meanwhile, I'm looking forward to the next SDK. :)

0 Kudos