OpenCL* for CPU
Ask questions and share information on Intel® SDK for OpenCL™ Applications and OpenCL™ implementations for Intel® CPU.
Announcements
This forum covers OpenCL* for CPU only. OpenCL* for GPU questions can be asked in the GPU Compute Software forum. Intel® FPGA SDK for OpenCL™ questions can be ask in the FPGA Intel® High Level Design forum.
1719 Discussions

Argument list for built-in kernel convolve_2d_intel

Andrew_L_5
Beginner

There is a built-in kernel called "convolve_2d_intel" on the Intel Iris Pro Graphics 6200 GPU in the i7-5775C processor.

What is the argument list for this built-in kernel? Is there any documentation?

Thanks,

Andrew

0 Kudos
1 Solution
Robert_I_Intel
Employee

Hi Andrew,

convolve_2d_intel functionality is not ready for public consumption and was exposed by accident. The functionality is removed in the latest released drivers. Sorry for the confusion.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Robert_I_Intel
Employee

Hi Andrew,

convolve_2d_intel functionality is not ready for public consumption and was exposed by accident. The functionality is removed in the latest released drivers. Sorry for the confusion.

0 Kudos
Andrew_L_5
Beginner

Hi Robert,

Thanks for the speedy reply.

I am using Linux driver version 16.4.2.1.39163. Is that not the latest?

Andrew

0 Kudos
Robert_I_Intel
Employee

Hi Andrew,

Yes, on Linux that is the latest driver. I was talking about the Windows branch. It will take some time for Windows changes to propagate to the Linux branch. The next Linux driver release is about November, so I expect this feature will disappear by then.

0 Kudos
Andrew_L_5
Beginner

Ah, that is also good to know. I was wondering why the Linux driver only supports OpenCL 1.2 while the Windows driver supports OpenCL 2.0. Will the November release bring OpenCL 2.0 to Linux?

0 Kudos
Robert_I_Intel
Employee

Unfortunately, not. Not sure when Linux will have OpenCL 2.0 support - sort of a bummer, but not anytime soon :(

0 Kudos