OpenCL* for CPU
Ask questions and share information on Intel® SDK for OpenCL™ Applications and OpenCL™ implementations for Intel® CPU.
Announcements
This forum covers OpenCL* for CPU only. OpenCL* for GPU questions can be asked in the GPU Compute Software forum. Intel® FPGA SDK for OpenCL™ questions can be ask in the FPGA Intel® High Level Design forum.
1718 Discussions

Breakpoints not working in VS2013

Max_B_
Beginner

This is very similar to an issue I ran into a while ago (in which I was using VS2012 rather than 2013), which turned out to be caused by (silently!) incompatible versions of Intel's OpenCL runtime, and SDK.

I have attached screenshots showing the problem, using Intel's own 'MedianFilter' example project (trivially modified with a printf).

The breakpoints show the solid red circles which indicate that they are properly bound, yet they do not work.

I am using:

Visual Studio 2013 Ultimate.

Windows 7, 64-bit.

OpenCL runtime for Intel Core and Xeon Processors [...] version 4.5.0.8 [the latest release]

Intel SDK for OpenCL Applications 2014 version 4.6.0.92 [the latest release]

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Max_B_
Beginner

Just realised I may have forgotten the -g -s flags. I'll check tomorrow.

(If so, I've improperly reduced my 'real problem' in my (non-example) codebase).

0 Kudos
Max_B_
Beginner

Have since added the  -g -s  flags, as shown in attached image.

Breakpoints still do not work.

I will try rolling back to Visual Studio 2012.

0 Kudos
Max_B_
Beginner

Solved the problem: the MedianFilter example uses offsets, so my work-item (0,0,0) debugging session wasn't applicable.

Using (0,2,0), it works, in both VS2012 and VS2013. (By means of Right click > Options > Select Work Items.)

I'll now get back to trying to debug my own project...

0 Kudos