OpenCL* for CPU
Ask questions and share information on Intel® SDK for OpenCL™ Applications and OpenCL™ implementations for Intel® CPU.
Announcements
This forum covers OpenCL* for CPU only. OpenCL* for GPU questions can be asked in the GPU Compute Software forum. Intel® FPGA SDK for OpenCL™ questions can be ask in the FPGA Intel® High Level Design forum.

Cannot uninstall OpenCL 1.5 SDK after Windows 8 upgrade

stele
Beginner

After upgrading to Windows 8 I am unable to uninstall the 1.5 SDK - the installer tells me the OS is unsupported. Is there any way to force the uninstall, or to manually remove the components?

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Yuri_K_Intel
Employee
For manual removing try the following (for 64-bit OS, I guess it's easy to convert to 32-bit one): - delete folder C:\Program Files (x86)\Intel\OpenCL SDK\1.5 - delete environment variable INTELOCLSDKROOT - edit PATH environment variable to remove the path(s) to C:\Program Files (x86)\Intel\OpenCL SDK\1.5\bin\x86|x64 - delete registry key HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Intel\OpenCL If you don't have any other OpenCL platforms installed you may also remove: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Khronos\OpenCL\Vendors HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Khronos\OpenCL\Vendors c:\Windows\System32\OpenCL.dll c:\Windows\SysWOW64\OpenCL.dll
0 Kudos
stele
Beginner

Thanks - I gave it try. Hopefully this will allow me to run the 2.0 SDK installation.

0 Kudos
stele
Beginner

Okay I did all that and rebooted. The OpenCL driver chain still thinks the Intel OpenCL driver is installed - this means when I run any OpenCL program it crashes because it cannot find the Intel OpenCL library components I deleted manually.

I need to remove the Intel OpenCL ICD from the list of ICDs, so it won't attempt to use it. Any idea how to do this?

0 Kudos
Raghupathi_M_Intel

You can remove the following registry keys to rectify the crash:

For 64-bit systems:

HKLM\Software\Khronos\OpenCL\Vendors [IntelOpenCL64.dll]

HKLM\Software\Wow6432Node\Khronos\OpenCL\Vendors [IntelOpenCL32.dll]

or for 32-bit systems

HKLM\Software\Khronos\OpenCL\Vendors [IntelOpenCL32.dll]

0 Kudos
stele
Beginner

Great working now! Also installed the 1.2 beta driver.

0 Kudos