OpenCL* for CPU
Ask questions and share information on Intel® SDK for OpenCL™ Applications and OpenCL™ implementations for Intel® CPU.
Announcements
This forum covers OpenCL* for CPU only. OpenCL* for GPU questions can be asked in the GPU Compute Software forum. Intel® FPGA SDK for OpenCL™ questions can be ask in the FPGA Intel® High Level Design forum.

Code builder missing in VS2017 menu

krsjak__miroslav
Beginner

I tried three versions of opencl sdk,

2020 and 2019. Installer quits without errors,

But the code builder is not to be found in VS menu.

Anybody experienced this? There is zero support

Options with intel.

0 Kudos
6 Replies
Michael_C_Intel1

Hi MiroslavK,

Thanks for the interest. By mentioning VS it looks like the platform of interest is running Windows OS.

A few users have experienced a conflict between installers and the deployment of Microsoft .net framework.

Can you have a look at this sticky article to see if targeting a different .net revision can help you?

-MichaelC

0 Kudos
Sergey_I_Intel1
Employee

Hi MiroslavK,

Code Builder was removed in OCL SDK 2020 version.

But it should be in OCL SDK 2019 Update 5. For clear results - remove all existed versions of OCL SDK on your machine.

Best regards,

Sergey

0 Kudos
krsjak__miroslav
Beginner

Why was the feature removed for 2020? What do you use then to debug when there is no gui for opencl debug?

I will try uninstall and install 2019.5 with net35 setting.

0 Kudos
Michael_C_Intel1

MiroslavK,

If you can share the results of that install configuration please do.

Heterogeneous debug features are being planned and consolidated underneath the Intel oneAPI Toolkits beta offerings. dpc++ related debugging was added in the beta04 release of the toolkits. https://software.intel.com/en-us/get-started-with-debugging-dpcpp-linux

More capabilities are in the planning stages.

OpenCL developers who want functionalities added can express their preferences/wishlist in this forum, in the DPC++ forum, or in the debugger forum. An evaluation of how dpc++ debugging functions and sharing user preferences for if/how that satisfies user goals would be very useful at this stage. Debug tools developers are looking for customer feedback.

Thanks,

-MichaelC

0 Kudos
krsjak__miroslav
Beginner

So, what I did and it helped:

- uninstalled all intel SW, but for drivers I had to use this utility to get rid of them https://www.guru3d.com/files-details/display-driver-uninstaller-download.html

- downgraded and installed the 2019.5 version with the dotnet 3.5 trick - "install --net35"

I can now hit a breakpoint and see code builder in VS2017 menu,

thanks everybody for help. One more question, what is the substitution in 2020 version for the code builder menu option?

how do you use the debugger in that one? Asking cause one day 2019.5 gets obsolete.

0 Kudos
Michael_C_Intel1

Hi MiroslavK,

Please have a look at these instructions. This debugger may see limited availability in the current product cycle.

https://software.intel.com/en-us/openclsdk-devguide-debugging-opencl-kernels-on-gpu

Users are encouraged to review Intel® oneAPI debugger offerings that are receiving feature updates during the beta period.

-MichaelC

0 Kudos