OpenCL* for CPU
Ask questions and share information on Intel® SDK for OpenCL™ Applications and OpenCL™ implementations for Intel® CPU.
Announcements
This forum covers OpenCL* for CPU only. OpenCL* for GPU questions can be asked in the GPU Compute Software forum. Intel® FPGA SDK for OpenCL™ questions can be ask in the FPGA Intel® High Level Design forum.
1719 Discussions

Could you please escalate the memory leak issue I'm having? [Have I wasted time to report this issue]?

mike_p_4
Beginner

Hi,

From the issue: [NOT SOLVED] ioc64: simple kernel killed.

I upgraded to Ubuntu 16.04, patched kernel 4.7 and Intel driver r3.0, but the memory leak issue persists, the kernel still does not compile. I can not use the gpu, please escalate the issue.

Thanks

0 Kudos
27 Replies
Jeffrey_M_Intel1
Employee

The OpenCL kernel compilers are part of the driver/runtime packages listed on this page:  https://software.intel.com/en-us/articles/opencl-drivers

0 Kudos
mike_p_4
Beginner

Hi Jeffrey,

Thank you very much indeed, that is what I wanted to know in the first place since I always thought that only the c/c++ compiler and opencl sdk were used for opencl.

Let's hope that it will be fixed soon.

Regards,

0 Kudos
mike_p_4
Beginner

Dear Intel,

Could you please let me know, what is the point in reporting an issue, if you are not doing anything about it?

Is that because you are too busy?

Is that because Linux is secondary to you?

Is that because the issue is too trivial?

Please let me know if you are going to fix the issue or if I have to sell the processor and move on.

Regards,

Mike

0 Kudos
Jeffrey_M_Intel1
Employee

Checking with the developers.  I'll get back to you soon.

0 Kudos
mike_p_4
Beginner

Hi,

Thank you very much, I really appreciate it. Unfortunately it was not solved with the 4.1 drivers.

Regards,

Mike

0 Kudos
Jeffrey_M_Intel1
Employee

We are working toward a compiler upgrade for BDW.  

However, it is not in 4.1 and it will not be in the next release either.  It is part of a much bigger project which is still several months out.  

In the meantime, newer processors (6th Generation Core and forward) already have the new compiler which should not have the issues you've described in this thread.

0 Kudos
mike_p_4
Beginner

Hi Jeffrey,

Thank you very much, I will wait until is solved.

Regards,

Mike

0 Kudos