OpenCL* for CPU
Ask questions and share information on Intel® SDK for OpenCL™ Applications and OpenCL™ implementations for Intel® CPU.
Announcements
This forum covers OpenCL* for CPU only. OpenCL* for GPU questions can be asked in the GPU Compute Software forum. Intel® FPGA SDK for OpenCL™ questions can be ask in the FPGA Intel® High Level Design forum.
1718 Discussions

Dynamic Linking Problems

wclover
Beginner
I just downloaded and installed the SDK, and rebooted. My paths are set up correctly (INTELOCLSDKROOT, and the bin folder is on my path). I followed the directions for building the samples with Visual Studio, and all 4 built correctly. When I try to run them, however, I get an "Entry Point Not Found" error on tbb.dll (it's for a procedure entry pointwith a mangled form ofthrow_exception_v4). This happens whether I run from Visual Studio or the command line. When I close the error box, the command window lists: "ERROR: Failed to find Intel OpenCL platform." I am running Visual Studio 2008 on Windows 7.
0 Kudos
1 Solution
Evgeny_F_Intel
Employee
Hi,
Such a problem may occure when another Intel product isinstalled on the system.
I assume that there is another tbb.dll in path that have different version of TBB library.

You may also inspect the "Output" window in the Visual Studio, on application start this window
contains the information of loaded modules(DLLs). There you can find which TBB.DLL is loaded.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Evgeny_F_Intel
Employee
Hi,
Such a problem may occure when another Intel product isinstalled on the system.
I assume that there is another tbb.dll in path that have different version of TBB library.

You may also inspect the "Output" window in the Visual Studio, on application start this window
contains the information of loaded modules(DLLs). There you can find which TBB.DLL is loaded.
0 Kudos
wclover
Beginner
Thanks, that fixed the problem. I had another program installed that used tbb.dll.
0 Kudos
deminmartin9
Beginner
If I link a normal C++ program against this library things work fine. Now I also want to use this library from Python.
---------------------

Cheap Ipod Classic

0 Kudos