OpenCL* for CPU
Ask questions and share information on Intel® SDK for OpenCL™ Applications and OpenCL™ implementations for Intel® CPU.
Announcements
This forum covers OpenCL* for CPU only. OpenCL* for GPU questions can be asked in the GPU Compute Software forum. Intel® FPGA SDK for OpenCL™ questions can be ask in the FPGA Intel® High Level Design forum.
1718 Discussions

How can I get more detail info from compiler about vectorization status of building a kernel

susangao
Beginner
Hi all,
As using icc, I hope when using Intel OpenCL, I can get more detail infos about auto vectorization status. Now I can get to know which kernel is vectorized, is there a way (OpenCL kernel build option) for me to know more compiler's opinion about the no vectorized kernel?
Seems that options for clBuildProgram are very limited, is there a way to use more options that kernel compiler can understand? (Such as those optimization ones in icc)
Thank you for reading my question.
Susan
0 Kudos
2 Replies
Jim_Vaughn
Beginner
You can see exactly what optimizations the compiler is doing using the Intel OpenCL Offline Compiler as well as set the instruction sets it builds for.
0 Kudos
Nadav_Rotem__Intel_
Hi Susan,

As Jim said, you can use the intel offline compiler and examine the code which is generated by the vectorizer.

Nadav
0 Kudos