OpenCL* for CPU
Ask questions and share information on Intel® SDK for OpenCL™ Applications and OpenCL™ implementations for Intel® CPU.
Announcements
This forum covers OpenCL* for CPU only. OpenCL* for GPU questions can be asked in the GPU Compute Software forum. Intel® FPGA SDK for OpenCL™ questions can be ask in the FPGA Intel® High Level Design forum.
1719 Discussions

How can I use Intel CPU as a device in the AMD APP SDK in OpenCL2.0 devision?

min_y_
Beginner

I want to use enqueue_kernel to call a kernel function(built in CPU) in a another kernel function(built in GPU) ,but I don't have an APU . I only have an Intel CPU(Core i7-6700) and an AMD GPU(Radeon R9 290). The clinfo show that my GPU can support OpenCL 2.0 but my CPU only can support OpenCL1.2.However,Overview of OpenCL 2.0 hardware support, samples, blogs and drivers - StreamComputin    this document shows my CPU can support OpenCL2.0. How can I do to make my CPU support OpenCL2.0 in AMD APP SDK?Or,could you can tell me how I can call a kernel function(built in CPU) in a another kernel function(built in GPU) without OpenCL2.0?Sorry,My English is poor,I don't know whether I express my meaning clearly.

Thanks.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
gaston-hillar
Valued Contributor I

Min,

You have posted the question on Intel® Software Development Products › OpenCL. I think you should ask the company that created the software you are using about supported hardware. Intel didn't create the software you mention.

0 Kudos
gaston-hillar
Valued Contributor I

Min,

If you want to work with OpenCL on Intel CPUs, you can try Intel OpenCL SDK: https://software.intel.com/en-us/intel-opencl

It works without issues on modern Intel CPUs.

0 Kudos
Huseyin_Tugrul_B_

Intel compiler can parallelize better than Amd compiler. if hardware doesn't support 2.0, you can't or at least you shouldn't use opencl 2.0

0 Kudos