OpenCL* for CPU
Ask questions and share information on Intel® SDK for OpenCL™ Applications and OpenCL™ implementations for Intel® CPU.
Announcements
This forum covers OpenCL* for CPU only. OpenCL* for GPU questions can be asked in the GPU Compute Software forum. Intel® FPGA SDK for OpenCL™ questions can be ask in the FPGA Intel® High Level Design forum.
1719 Discussions

How to install opencl for Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU E5-2640 v3

applemax82
Beginner

Hi,

What I use is, 'Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU E5-2640 v3 @ 2.60GHz', which has integrated GPUs. And my OS is centos 6.7.

I'm building x264-snapshot-20160807-2245-stable, and want to use opencl acceleration function. But x264 will report 'failed to load OpenCL', when opencl is on and x264 is run.

How to install opencl on centos 6.7 to support intel integrated GPUs for 'Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU E5-2640 v3' and make x264 run with opencl option?

Thanks

Andrew

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Jeffrey_M_Intel1
Employee

Sorry for the delayed reply.  The Xeon E5 line does not have processor graphics, so the GPU on that system would not be from Intel.  You could install an Intel CPU runtime, but x264 is very well optimized for CPU already so that is not likely to provide any performance benefit. 

0 Kudos