OpenCL* for CPU
Ask questions and share information on Intel® SDK for OpenCL™ Applications and OpenCL™ implementations for Intel® CPU.
Announcements
This forum covers OpenCL* for CPU only. OpenCL* for GPU questions can be asked in the GPU Compute Software forum. Intel® FPGA SDK for OpenCL™ questions can be ask in the FPGA Intel® High Level Design forum.
1719 Discussions

Install Intel INDE 2015 Update 2, Removing SDK for OpenCL Appl 2014

Micha_M_
Beginner

Hi,

I want to install Intel Inde 2015 update 2 on a computer with windows 8.1 and Intel SDK for OpenCL Applications 2014.

On my computer is installed Intel SDK for OpenCL Applications 2014. I tried to uninstall it from Windows control panel but the installation was stuck. After waiting more than 10 hours I turned off the computer. (Cancel button was not helpful).

I invoked the installation of Intel INDE 2015 Update 2 but it was stuck  in the removing phase of Intel SDK for OpenCL Applications 2014. The same behavior was observed on 2 different computers.

Attached the installation user interface.

What is the easiest way to manually uninstall OpenCL 2014 SDK?

Please advise,

Best regards,

Micha

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Victor_C_Intel
Employee

Hi Micha,

1. Download Microsoft Orca and launch it.

2. Open Windows Explorer, go to C:\Windows\Installer, select "Details" view. In case there's no "Authors" column, add it and sort items by it.

3. Copy all MSI files with "Intel Corporation" in "Authors" column to some place your account has read/write access to.

4. Keep opening copied files in Orca and selecting "Property" table in the left pane until you see ProductName property with value "Intel SDK for OpenCL Applications 2014"

5. Once you found OpenCL MSI file, select "CustomAction" table in the left pane in Orca. Then select all actions (click on the top action, then click with Shift pressed on the bottom action) and delete them (just press "Delete").

6. Save MSI file somewhere. find it in Windows Explorer and uninstall it selecting "Uninstall" from context menu.

Hope it works. Please let me know if it doesn't.

0 Kudos
Micha_M_
Beginner

Hope it works. Please let me know if it doesn't.

Hi Victor,

It does not work yet.

1.I don't have the directory  C:\Windows\Installer (Windows 8.1)

2.Section 4 is not clear to me. Can you give more details?

Thank you very much.

Micha

0 Kudos
Victor_C_Intel
Employee

Hi Micha,

1. This directory is probably hidden. Either select an option to display hidden files, or just copy C:\Windows\Installer into Explorer address bar.

2. Open Orca, click File->Open menu item, select MSI file. In the left pane, you'll see lots of lines under the caption "Tables". Click on "Property" line. In the main window area you'll see properties and their values. MSI you're looking for will have ProductName property with OpenCL SDK value (please see attached screenshot). So, if you don't see OpenCL in this property value, you need to keep opening next MSI files until you find OpenCL MSI file.

0 Kudos
Micha_M_
Beginner

Hi Victor,

Thank you very much.

It works.

Micha

0 Kudos