OpenCL* for CPU
Ask questions and share information on Intel® SDK for OpenCL™ Applications and OpenCL™ implementations for Intel® CPU.
Announcements
This forum covers OpenCL* for CPU only. OpenCL* for GPU questions can be asked in the GPU Compute Software forum. Intel® FPGA SDK for OpenCL™ questions can be ask in the FPGA Intel® High Level Design forum.
1719 Discussions

Intel OpenCL SDK fails to install

rimtun
Beginner
hello
i tried to installIntel OpenCL SDK but the installation could not be established.
the message showen to me is :
The current version on Intel OpenCL SDK 1.5 installer detectes that you are trying to install SDK on an unsupprted hardware paltform.
i don't know why my computer could not support Intel OpenCL SDK
my OS is VISTA(32)
help me pleaaaaaaaaaaase
0 Kudos
1 Solution
Uri_L_Intel
Employee

Hello,

Intel OpenCL SDK 1.5 requires support for the Intel Streaming SIMD Extensions 4.1 (Intel SSE 4.1) or higher (Intel SSE 4.2, Intel Advanced Vector Extensions (Intel AVX)).
Please make sure that the hardware platform on which you're trying to install the SDK contain CPU thatsupportsthe required instruction set extensions.
For a full list of supported products, please visit the release notes page (http://software.intel.com/en-us/articles/opencl-release-notes/) on our website.

Thanks,
Uri

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Uri_L_Intel
Employee

Hello,

Intel OpenCL SDK 1.5 requires support for the Intel Streaming SIMD Extensions 4.1 (Intel SSE 4.1) or higher (Intel SSE 4.2, Intel Advanced Vector Extensions (Intel AVX)).
Please make sure that the hardware platform on which you're trying to install the SDK contain CPU thatsupportsthe required instruction set extensions.
For a full list of supported products, please visit the release notes page (http://software.intel.com/en-us/articles/opencl-release-notes/) on our website.

Thanks,
Uri

0 Kudos
rimtun
Beginner
thank you
my processor is(Intel SSE 2) so for that it doesn't support intel openCL SDK 1.5 :(
is there anothor version of intel opencl SDK that can works with my processor :
Intel Core2 Duo CPU T5870 @ 2.00GHz SSE 2
operating system: VISTA 32bits
????
0 Kudos