OpenCL* for CPU
Ask questions and share information on Intel® SDK for OpenCL™ Applications and OpenCL™ implementations for Intel® CPU.
Announcements
This forum covers OpenCL* for CPU only. OpenCL* for GPU questions can be asked in the GPU Compute Software forum. Intel® FPGA SDK for OpenCL™ questions can be ask in the FPGA Intel® High Level Design forum.
1718 Discussions

Intel SDK for OpenCL* Applications 2013 - Released

Raghupathi_M_Intel

We are excited to announce the release of the new Intel SDK for OpenCL Applications 2013.  The new SDK  is a comprehensive software development environment for OpenCL applications on the 3rd and the future 4th Generation Intel® Core™ processors, which support OpenCL 1.2 on Windows 7* and Windows 8* operating systems. The new Intel HD Graphics Driver for Windows 8*, this SDK allows OpenCL 1.2 API support on Intel CPUs mixed with the production OpenCL 1.2 support on Intel HD Graphics.

So what else is new with this SDK and driver?

• Support for future 4th Generation Intel Core Processors.
  • OpenCL* 1.2 compliant for both 3rd and future 4th generation Intel Core Processors across both CPU and Intel® HD Graphics with Intel® HD Driver version 15.31.3071 or higher.
  • Windows 8* Operating System Support, 32-bit and 64-bit versions.
  • Support in dual adapter mode on Windows* 8: enables OpenCL workloads to be accelerated on Intel HD Graphics when the device is not directly connected to a display and fully enabled running Intel driver.
  • Interoperability with the latest Intel’s SDKs for visual computing applications:
    • Intel® Media SDK 2013
    • Intel® Perceptual Computing SDK 2013
  • Feature rich developer tools:
    • Integration with Microsoft Visual Studio* 2012
    • New standalone Kernel Builder tool with
      • Full support for both Intel HD Graphics and CPUs
      • Dynamic performance analysis of OpenCL kernels
      • Offline Compilation with LLVM* IR code generation
      • Support for new OpenCL 1.2* features like compile and link of OpenCL programs
    • Tracing of OpenCL commands on Intel® HD Graphics with Intel® Graphics Performance Analyzers 2013
    • OpenCL support with Intel® VTune™ Amplifier XE 2011 Update 4 or higher
      • Preview feature: Intel® HD Graphics OpenCL profiling
      • OpenCL Kernel Source Code Hotspots Analysis on the CPU

On top of the above list of features the SDK also includes several performance improvements running kernels of CPU and GPU devices.

Thank you for participating in this forum and inspiring us with your feedback and requests that help us add features to the product that you need most. Please continue doing so.

Dont forget to follow us on Twitter at @IntelOpenCL.

Download the SDK here.

Regards,
Raghu Muthyalampalli

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Raghupathi_M_Intel

The driver with OpenCL 1.2 support will be available shortly. Please watch this forum for an announcement.

Thanks,
Raghu

0 Kudos
ARNON_P_Intel
Employee

Driver is now available, please use the graphics detection tool to install new version of the driver. Go to http://www.intel.com/p/en_US/support/detect/graphics

Now is your turn, use the new features and extensions and share your inputs with us.

Regards,

Arnon

0 Kudos
Nick_O_
Beginner

Hi,

I've just tried to install on Windows 7 Home Premium. The processor is an i5-M480.

Is there a log file generated during intallation? Mine fails because of "an error" and I've no idea why.

nick

0 Kudos
MSimm2
New Contributor I

>Support in dual adapter mode on Windows* 8: enables OpenCL workloads to be accelerated on Intel HD Graphics
>when the device is not directly connected to a display and fully enabled running Intel driver.

More details please.

This doesn't work for me. I have a monitor with two HDMI inputs. I connect both the motherboard hdmi out and my hd 7770 hdmi out to the monitor. The HD7770 being the primary monitor and the 4600 being the secondary monitor

If the desktop is extended to the HD 4600 hdmi. Then everything works as expected.

If the desktop is not extended to the motherboard hdmi (the 4600) or the 4600 hdmi is not connected then
C++AMP verifyampdevices.exe reports the device stating no monitor connected. which suggests it and DirectCompute works.
OpenCL does not see the device only the Intel CPU device.
GPU-Z shows the 4600 and that its Dynamic Memory is zero.
The intel Graphics control panel does not appear when started.

The intel driver update utility states that I have a Intel HD Graphics 4600, driver 9.18.10.3165 and that it is the latest.

0 Kudos
JLuna5
New Contributor I

On official software page you can find the driver.

0 Kudos