OpenCL* for CPU
Ask questions and share information on Intel® SDK for OpenCL™ Applications and OpenCL™ implementations for Intel® CPU.
Announcements
This forum covers OpenCL* for CPU only. OpenCL* for GPU questions can be asked in the GPU Compute Software forum. Intel® FPGA SDK for OpenCL™ questions can be ask in the FPGA Intel® High Level Design forum.
1719 Discussions

Intel SDK for OpenCL: Student/Academic Research License?

Mohammad_Abdul_M_

Hello,

I am a graduate student. When I downloaded Intel SDK for OpenCL, I got a mail that its trial version. I have to use this software for next 1 year for my research, I wanted to know if there is any "Student/Academic Research License " for this software? 

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Jeffrey_M_Intel1
Employee

Which version are you using?  There are now 3 ways for everyone to get free access to Intel(R) SDK for OpenCL Applications.

• Standalone Windows
  • Standalone Linux
  • In Intel(R) Media Server Studio community edition

For more info please see: https://software.intel.com/en-us/articles/opencl-drivers.  General EULAs are available for all of these packages.

0 Kudos
Mohammad_Abdul_M_

Dear Jeffrey,

I am using Linux (CentyOS 6.5). I have a Intel Xeon Phi in my workstation. I wanted to implement OpenCL on that and thats why I need Intel SDK for OpenCL. Are you talking about " Intel® SDK for OpenCL™ Applications 2016 R2 for Linux* (64 bit)  (Driver components included)" ? I downloaded from the "Download Center " and got a mail saying "Thank you for downloading an Intel® Software Product trial." It would be very helpful if you could help me with the free access of SDK for OpenCL.   

0 Kudos