OpenCL* for CPU
Ask questions and share information on Intel® SDK for OpenCL™ Applications and OpenCL™ implementations for Intel® CPU.
Announcements
This forum covers OpenCL* for CPU only. OpenCL* for GPU questions can be asked in the GPU Compute Software forum. Intel® FPGA SDK for OpenCL™ questions can be ask in the FPGA Intel® High Level Design forum.
1719 Discussions

Intel SDK for OpenCL: Student/Academic Research Lisence

Mohammad_Abdul_M_

Hello,

I am a graduate student. When I downloaded Intel SDK for OpenCL, I got a mail that its trial version. I have to use this software for next 1 year for my research, I wanted to know if there is any "Student/Academic Research License " for this software? 

0 Kudos
3 Replies
RBang
New Contributor II

Hi Mohammad,

Did you download the Intel® SDK for OpenCL Applications 2016 or Intel® Media Server Studio 2016? Because when I downloaded the form right now, I got a mail stating get new product updates through Aug 22, 2017.

Moreover for your reference, this is the link you were looking for - http://software.intel.com/en-us/qualify-for-free-software

Although Intel® SDK for OpenCL Applications is not mentioned in the list.

0 Kudos
Mohammad_Abdul_M_

Hi Rishabh Banga,

Thank you very much for your reply. I tried to download Intel® SDK for OpenCL 2016. I found out from some source that its not free. I have to pay for licence.

Momen

0 Kudos
RBang
New Contributor II

Mohammad Abdul M. wrote:

Hi Rishabh Banga,

Thank you very much for your reply. I tried to download Intel® SDK for OpenCL 2016. I found out from some source that its not free. I have to pay for licence.

Momen

Hi,

But did you receive any official intimation from Intel regarding the same? Because even though I haven't installed the software till now, I still have not received any mail apart from the one I received while downloading OpenCL and it doesn't anywhere mention that I have to buy a license.

0 Kudos