OpenCL* for CPU
Ask questions and share information on Intel® SDK for OpenCL™ Applications and OpenCL™ implementations for Intel® CPU.
Announcements
This forum covers OpenCL* for CPU only. OpenCL* for GPU questions can be asked in the GPU Compute Software forum. Intel® FPGA SDK for OpenCL™ questions can be ask in the FPGA Intel® High Level Design forum.

Intel® SDK for OpenCL™ for Windows* Intel® Software Setup Assistant ended prematurely due to error(s).

Shlok_P_
Beginner

Intel® SDK for OpenCL™ for Windows* Intel® Software Setup Assistant ended prematurely due to error(s).

Screenshot (20).png

I got this message when I tried installing this software. It would be really helpful if anyone could help me fix this issue.

Thank You

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Jeffrey_M_Intel1
Employee

Sorry for the delayed reply.  Could you send some additional info?

1. System details: what version of Windows are you using?  Which processor?
  2. Which version of Intel SDK for OpenCL are you installing?

It could be helpful to look at the logs at the reported directory.  You may be able to find something yourself with a quick look.  Otherwise, you can attach here or send a private message with "Send Author a Message" if you have any concerns with posting the log publicly.

In general, the approach to Windows installer issues is to 1) remove all previous versions of Intel OpenCL 2) check the logs for clues. 

0 Kudos
Shlok_P_
Beginner

Send Author a Message

I have attached zip of my log files 

Operating System: Windows 10 Home 64-bit 

System type: x64-based processor

Processor,: Intel Core i5-6198DU

Current opencl version in my laptop is 1.2

I have been trying to install Intel SDK for Opencl applications 2017

0 Kudos
Sergey_L_Intel1
Employee

Hi Shlok,

Installation failed  due to error on integration with VS2015. Installer reported that some extensions are already installed the by some reason. Could you please try to remove these extensions manually and retry to install:

1) Open VS2015 and got to Tools -> Extensions and Updates

2) Find and uninstall  "Intel adapted Microsoft MI-based Debugger" and  "Intel Debugger for Heterogeneous Compute" extensions.

0 Kudos
Shlok_P_
Beginner

Thank you for your assistance Sergey L.(Intel)

But I do need intel debugger in my Intel Parallel Studio XE and Visual Studio Enterprise edition for academic purposes. Is there any way I could do it without uninstalling "Intel adapted Microsoft MI-based Debugger" and  "Intel Debugger for Heterogeneous Compute"​ because I assume both of these debugger play a major part in compiling code using Intel Debugger. It would be really great if you could suggest me any other solution without uninstalling the Intel Debugger. 

Thank You

0 Kudos
liu__lixia
Beginner

Hi Shlok,

I encountered the same problem as you when installing Intel Parallel Studio XE Cluster Edition for windows, so I want to ask you how to solve it in the end?

0 Kudos