OpenCL* for CPU
Ask questions and share information on Intel® SDK for OpenCL™ Applications and OpenCL™ implementations for Intel® CPU.
Announcements
This forum covers OpenCL* for CPU only. OpenCL* for GPU questions can be asked in the GPU Compute Software forum. Intel® FPGA SDK for OpenCL™ questions can be ask in the FPGA Intel® High Level Design forum.
1719 Discussions

Interoperability between OpenCL and TBB

David_M_13
Beginner

Hi,

I'd like to know what the interoperability status is between Intel OpenCL and TBB.  In specific, can I look forward to problems (or not) if I make calls to Intel OpenCL from within TBB tasks?  Do I have to worry about oversubscription (will they use the same thread queue)?  Do I have to worry about which version of TBB I use with which version of OpenCL.  Sorry if this is answered somewhere in the docs already, I couldn't find it.

Thanks,

David

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Jeffrey_M_Intel1
Employee
Hi David, You may be interested in this thread from the TBB forum: http://software.intel.com/en-us/forums/topic/288949 In theory there should be no conflicts -- interoperability with other threading models is one of the goals of TBB. I'm checking with the TBB team to see if there are any more details to report. Best regards, Jeff
0 Kudos