OpenCL* for CPU
Ask questions and share information on Intel® SDK for OpenCL™ Applications and OpenCL™ implementations for Intel® CPU.
Announcements
This forum covers OpenCL* for CPU only. OpenCL* for GPU questions can be asked in the GPU Compute Software forum. Intel® FPGA SDK for OpenCL™ questions can be ask in the FPGA Intel® High Level Design forum.
1718 Discussions

Lost dual monitor support after installing OpenCL16.1

Kar_Hui_T_
Beginner

Hi,

has anyone experienced this issue of installing the OpenCL 16.1 driver, and then losing the dual monitor support that was native to the PC?
I am using a Dell setup-Precision M4800/i7-4810MQ/HD Graphics 4600/Windows 7, and experienced this in all the Dell machines that I tried.

Appreciate any advices to this issue.

regards,

KH

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Jeffrey_M_Intel1
Employee

In Windows, the graphics driver can be updated separately from the OpenCL and Media SDK installs.  Have you tried updating to the latest 15.36 driver from downloadcenter.intel.com?

More info on driver and hardware support is available here:

https://software.intel.com/en-us/articles/driver-support-matrix-for-media-sdk-and-opencl

0 Kudos
Kar_Hui_T_
Beginner

Hi Jeff, appreciate your response.

However, it isn't working. It seems that the opencl 16.1 driver and the 15.36 Intel 4600 HD drivers are mutually exclusive.
If I run the opencl_runtime_16.1_x64_setup.msi file, it detects the existing 4600 driver and refuse to run unless it is removed.

So, I installed the opencl driver, and my software runs perfectly.
Then I run the 15.36 driver you recommended (win64_153631.4414.exe), and it replaces all the necessary drivers in the opencl installation, causing my software to fail at detecting device=ocl#0 (with in-software error message "Win/Intel 4.2.0.148 is not supported. Supported configurations are 5.1.0.25")

Now, I have no idea what is this Win/Intel 4.2.0.148 that has been detected. Is it related to the 15.36 driver?
And why does opencl refuse to run unless the driver HD 4600 is removed? Can I install an opencl setup without the need to remove any drivers?

Thanks!

0 Kudos
Jeffrey_M_Intel1
Employee

In theory you should be more up to date and have more options if you remove the 16.1 components and update to the 2016 R2 release from from https://software.intel.com/en-us/intel-opencl/download.  This will give you a CPU and GPU implementation, where the 16.1 release has CPU only.  If you can wait a day or two I will try to get more info from the team. 

0 Kudos