OpenCL* for CPU
Ask questions and share information on Intel® SDK for OpenCL™ Applications and OpenCL™ implementations for Intel® CPU.
Announcements
This forum covers OpenCL* for CPU only. OpenCL* for GPU questions can be asked in the GPU Compute Software forum. Intel® FPGA SDK for OpenCL™ questions can be ask in the FPGA Intel® High Level Design forum.

[NOT SOLVED] ioc64: simple kernel killed

mike_p_4
Beginner

Hi,

A kernel which works perfectly well under Mali GPU, does not compile under Intel GPU.

ioc64 -cmd=build -input=TestKernel.cl -device=gpu -ir=TestKernel.bin hangs and then operation is killed.

If I specify -device=cpu, it works.

I also tried to load the kernel as source, instead as binary, but it hangs as well.

If I take out the return from C6, or some other particular lines of code, it compiles.It's driving me mad.

Thanks

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Jeffrey_M_Intel1
Employee

Thanks for this report.  The kernel compiles for GPU with Windows ioc64 but not Linux.  This seems to be a bug.  I've filed it for the dev team.

0 Kudos
mike_p_4
Beginner

Hi Jeffrey,

Thanks. The problem is not ioc64 but most probably the Intel gpu, that is because I tried to load the kernel without compile it to binary, so WithSource instead of WithBinary. I also tried gcc, icc, Intel sdk and amd sdk and the issue remains. The most strange thing is that, by commenting out some lines, it works.

Regards,

0 Kudos
Jeffrey_M_Intel1
Employee

The behavior reported with ioc64 is not as expected, so we will continue to work on improving it.  Glad you have a workaround.  

0 Kudos
mike_p_4
Beginner

Hi Jeffrey,

Thanks for that, I do not have a workaround, I'm just saying that if I comment random lines, it compiles, but then the kernel is useless.

I'm waiting until Intel fix the issue, please fix it as soon as possible, as I am stuck. It must be the i915 driver.

Thanks

0 Kudos