OpenCL* for CPU
Ask questions and share information on Intel® SDK for OpenCL™ Applications and OpenCL™ implementations for Intel® CPU.
Announcements
This forum covers OpenCL* for CPU only. OpenCL* for GPU questions can be asked in the GPU Compute Software forum. Intel® FPGA SDK for OpenCL™ questions can be ask in the FPGA Intel® High Level Design forum.

OpenCL SDK and the Atom E3845 on Linux

Eric_H_6
Beginner

From what I've read, it seems that the Atom E3800 line of processor is not currently supported by the OpenCL SDK or the OpenCL drivers for doing work on the GPU under Linux. Is that correct? And if so, is there a future release that may add support?

Thanks.

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Robert_I_Intel
Employee

Eric,

Currently and in the near future OpenCL on Linux on Atom for the GPU is not supported. You can get a Beignet driver for Atom here: http://www.freedesktop.org/wiki/Software/Beignet/

0 Kudos
Vaughan__Thomas
Beginner

Is there any news on support for E3845?

I ordered some expensive hardware because I saw on line that Beignet supports Atom, but I see 'beignet-opencl-icd: no supported GPU found' in the output from the clinfo program.

Until I got my production device, I had been doing all of my testing on an ordinary PC with Debian stretch and Beignet.

Now I'm wondering what to do with my fancy hardware that seems not to work. I'll try to contact the Beignet folks, but I'm wondering whether there might now be some other way to get the E3845 working with at least OpenCL 1.2 under Linux.

0 Kudos