OpenCL* for CPU
Ask questions and share information on Intel® SDK for OpenCL™ Applications and OpenCL™ implementations for Intel® CPU.
Announcements
This forum covers OpenCL* for CPU only. OpenCL* for GPU questions can be asked in the GPU Compute Software forum. Intel® FPGA SDK for OpenCL™ questions can be ask in the FPGA Intel® High Level Design forum.

OpenCL SPIR cannot load into runtime driver

Ahmet_E_
Beginner

Hello,

My system : 

CPU:  Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-2630QM CPU @ 2.00GHz, 4 Cores / 8 Threads

OS  :  Ubuntu 14.04

OpenCL drivers version:  1.2.0.43 (gathered from OpenCL info queries)

Intel SDK version :  intel sdk 2014 Ubuntu 5.0.0.43_x64

I have problem of loading SPIR kernels generated by Code Builder(KernelBuilder64 when launching from terminal). The runtime builds after loading binary successfully it seems if we trust build log coming from clProgramBuildInfo (CL_PROGRAM_BUILD_LOG) but when I execute the kernel and print the buffer; it seems values inside the buffer don't change.

In the attachment, I have an example file "s.cl", also the binary generated by intel tools together with "main.cpp"(my OpenCL code). Finally, the black screenshot to show the output of the main.cpp program.

Since I failed to load SPIR, I tried the new driver (intel_sdk_for_opencl_2016_ubuntu_6.0.0.1049_x64). But I couldn't even open Code Builder and OpenCL was having problems with clGetPlatfromIds. In the attachement, I also run clDevQuery (from https://gist.github.com/rmcgibbo/6314452) to show the response I got from the OpenCL runtime systems.

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Robert_I_Intel
Employee

Hi Ahmet,

Could you please try the following:

ioc64 -cmd=build -input=your_kernel.cl -spir64=your_kernel_x64.spir -bo="-cl-std=CL1.2"

I wonder if the problem is that you are somehow producing a 32-bit spir instead of 64-bit version.

0 Kudos
Robert_I_Intel
Employee

Also, could you please provide cl_helper.h file. Thanks!

0 Kudos
Robert_I_Intel
Employee

Hi Ahmet,

I tried your code and your SPIR file on Windows and SPIR file works perfectly fine there, so the problem must be with the driver.

Could you try the following driver? http://registrationcenter.intel.com/irc_nas/5193/opencl_runtime_15.1_x64_5.0.0.57.tgz

You may need to ignore the platform warnings.

0 Kudos
Ahmet_E_
Beginner

Thank you for your response,

Yes I was trying 32 bit SPIR. And 64 bit version worked without driver update.

For completeness, I am including cl_helper.h in the attachment.

0 Kudos