OpenCL* for CPU
Ask questions and share information on Intel® SDK for OpenCL™ Applications and OpenCL™ implementations for Intel® CPU.
Announcements
This forum covers OpenCL* for CPU only. OpenCL* for GPU questions can be asked in the GPU Compute Software forum. Intel® FPGA SDK for OpenCL™ questions can be ask in the FPGA Intel® High Level Design forum.
1718 Discussions

OpenCL Tool deprecated

bizeau__alexandre

Hello,

On the release note of Intel OpenCL tools, the 2019 version is deprecated for Windows 7.

Support for Windows* 7 has been deprecated. Please consider the latest available package supporting Windows* 7 platforms, Intel® SDK for OpenCL™ Applications 2017 R2, available at https://software.intel.com/en-us/intel-opencl/download. Intel® SDK for OpenCL™ Applications 2017 R2 will be removed at the time of Intel® SDK for OpenCL™ Applications 2019 Update 1 release. Intel® SDK for OpenCL™ Applications 2019 Update 1 will not support Windows* 7.

The links states in the above quote is just redirecting to the actual OpenCL Tools page. Is there a way to download the previous one ?

I would like to use the tool on my Windows 7 machine please, since it impossible to install the new one.

Alexandre

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Michael_C_Intel1

Hi AlexandreB,

Thanks for the interest in the toolset and OpenCL development... 

Unfortunately, developer tools that have Windows* OS 7 support are not available. If you can build the khronos icd-loader from source, and link to it with your program then it's still possible to build OpenCL applications without the developer tools.

Admittedly, I haven't walked through that process on Windows* 7 OS so your mileage may vary.

-MichaelC

0 Kudos
bizeau__alexandre

Okay.

Do you think you could remove the information on the OpenCL Tool page that its possible to download older release ? Or allow to get to that page, since the redirection doesn't allow such thing.

Thanks you.

0 Kudos
Michael_C_Intel1

AlexandreB,

Thanks for the feedback.

I will editorialize the drop down to make it more obvious the package is no longer available. The release notes document itself for 2019 intial release however will remain as it was for the life of that version of the product.

For a general build, the Khronos repo has the Windows instructions on the front page. cmake and git are prerequisites in addition to a capable version of Visual Studio.

-MichaelC

0 Kudos
kana__rajesh
Beginner

i know that OpenCL is based on the C programming language and has been proposed as an open standard. AMD decided to supportOpenCL instead of the now deprecated Close to Metal in its Stream framework.

regards

titaniumtv

0 Kudos