OpenCL* for CPU
Ask questions and share information on Intel® SDK for OpenCL™ Applications and OpenCL™ implementations for Intel® CPU.
Announcements
This forum covers OpenCL* for CPU only. OpenCL* for GPU questions can be asked in the GPU Compute Software forum. Intel® FPGA SDK for OpenCL™ questions can be ask in the FPGA Intel® High Level Design forum.
1719 Discussions

OpenCL Tools for Visual Studio

Micha_M_
Beginner

I use Visual Studio 2019 and Intel System Studio 2019 Update4 on windows 10. 
My machine has Intel Core i7-6700K CPU, Intel® HD Graphics 530 and AMD discrete graphics card
(AMD FirePro W7100). 
My display is connected to AMD discrete card, it is therefore possible to debug OpenCL kernel with only one machine.
I have few questions:
Does Intel OpenCL™ Tools for Visual Studio work with Visual Studio 2019?
Does GPU Kernel Debugger on Microsoft Windows* OS work with Visual Studio 2019?
Actually I need recommendations for debugging OpenCL kernel on Windows 10 OS. ( for Intel and AMD) 
Please Advice,
Thanks,
Micha

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Michael_C_Intel1

Hi MichaM,

Thanks for raising this question and the continued interest.

Developers in need of the OpenCL developer tools are advised to use them under Visual Studio 2017. Unfortunately, the current Intel® SDK for OpenCL Applications 2019 Update 4 developer plugins do not interface with VIsual Studio 2019. We will look to update guidance and documentation to reflect this shortly.

These developer tools leverage the Intel® System Studio 2019 install infrastructure, which does have other components performing IDE integration. Setup tools may expose checkboxes for Visual Studio 2019 integration but unfortunately that does not apply for the OpenCL development tools from Intel.

I expect this gap to be communicated in an errata type area of release notes, given the nature of the installer.

-MichaelC

0 Kudos