OpenCL* for CPU
Ask questions and share information on Intel® SDK for OpenCL™ Applications and OpenCL™ implementations for Intel® CPU.
Announcements
This forum covers OpenCL* for CPU only. OpenCL* for GPU questions can be asked in the GPU Compute Software forum. Intel® FPGA SDK for OpenCL™ questions can be ask in the FPGA Intel® High Level Design forum.
1719 Discussions

OpenCL clCreateImage2D call works with one version of driver, fails with another

atchison__jeffrey

Hi,

I am using Cloo to make OpenCL calls from managed code.  My application works fine with a Dell AIO 5260 with Intel UHD Graphics 630 driver v. 23.20.100.4379 but the same code crashes in a clCreateImage2D call on a Dell AIO 5270 with Intel UHD Graphics 630 driver v. 26.20.100.7263.  Both workstations run the same Windows 10 Anniversary (1607) version.

The source image width is 1642, the height is 2300.

Source format channel order is Rgba, the format channel type is UnsignedInt8.

"rowPitch" is 0.  The attached Windows Event Report is from crash on 5270 with this value.  If set to 6568 (width * size element in bytes) the code still runs on the 5260 but fails with an assert (see attached screenshot) on 5270.

srcImg = new ComputeImage2D(m_Context, ComputeMemoryFlags.ReadOnly | ComputeMemoryFlags.CopyHostPointer, srcFormat, imgWidth, imgHeight, rowPitch, srcData.Scan0);

Dell 5260 is obsolete; we need to find a replacement - my concern is that other newer workstations and graphics drivers will have the same problem as the 5270.  Any assistance is appreciated.  Please let me know if more information is needed.

Regards,

Jeffrey Atchison

0 Kudos
0 Replies