OpenCL* for CPU
Ask questions and share information on Intel® SDK for OpenCL™ Applications and OpenCL™ implementations for Intel® CPU.
Announcements
This forum covers OpenCL* for CPU only. OpenCL* for GPU questions can be asked in the GPU Compute Software forum. Intel® FPGA SDK for OpenCL™ questions can be ask in the FPGA Intel® High Level Design forum.
1719 Discussions

OpenCL tools: kernel compilation stats and crashes

Weixin_W_
Beginner

Hi, I'm new to Intel Iris graphics 5100 and Intel tool set, if my question is duplicated, please point me to original ones ;-)

Q1, how to generate kernel statistics? Code-Builder exposes II and ASM, but I haven't found stats, such as # of full ALU/half ALU, Nops, global/local st, etc. This would be helpful in my kernel tuning. I would assume Intel exposes it, since the ASM are exposed. 

Q2, I set gws and kernel argument in Kernel Builder, to perform "analyze" (or "deep analyze"). But Kernel Builder crashed with error msg: "Exception sending message to server: read: An existing connection was forcibly closed by the remote host". Any one met this before? 

(If it is a real bug, is there a place to file it?)

I'm running Windows 7 64bit SP1, bootcamped on Mac Mini (version, late 2014, i5-4278U, Iris 5100). With (presumably) latest Intel Graphics and OpenCL driver, tools, VS2012. The kernel is not complicated, it is pretty much a unrolled 6x6 Gaussian filter. Input and output are 512x512 floating point buffer objects. 

Thanks much for any suggestions. 

W.W.

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Robert_I_Intel
Employee

Hi Weixin,

As far as I know, we don't have kernel statistics in our tools right now. I will ask our engineers and architects if they have some scripts that they are willing to share publicly. In the meantime, you can roll your own.

For the second question: Do you have a small kernel reproducer that reliably reproduces this issue? You can either post it here, or, if you don't want to share it in a public forum, I can contact you via email and you can send it directly to me. If I am able to reproduce this issue, I will file a bug on your behalf. BTW, what is the Graphics Driver version you are using?

0 Kudos
Weixin_W_
Beginner

Hi Robert,

Thank you much for the reply!

Sure any internal scripts or tools like this would be really helpful for us. And I will send you a copy of kernel through message. The graphics driver is 10.18.10.3960. 

Best,

W.W.

0 Kudos