OpenCL* for CPU
Ask questions and share information on Intel® SDK for OpenCL™ Applications and OpenCL™ implementations for Intel® CPU.
Announcements
This forum covers OpenCL* for CPU only. OpenCL* for GPU questions can be asked in the GPU Compute Software forum. Intel® FPGA SDK for OpenCL™ questions can be ask in the FPGA Intel® High Level Design forum.
1719 Discussions

Potential Conflict with NVidia Driver 320.

LLess
Beginner

Not sure why it is happening but today when I tried to use OpenCL on my HD4000, I kept getting a crash (Either with my app or GPU Caps Viewer OpenCL benchmarks).

I have a GTX580 in my system but for the OpenCL Tests, I am disabling it in the device managers.

I uninstalled/reinstalled the Intel Driver (old one win64_152812.exe) since it is the one working for me.

But no luck this time.

So I decided to uninstall the Nvidia driver (320) and suddenly everything was working again.

This might not be an Intel Issue but I just flag it here in case somebody else see something like that.

Laurent.

0 Kudos
4 Replies
LLess
Beginner

Just to clarify that was with the NVidia Driver 320.00.

I will check the 320.18 later today.

0 Kudos
LLess
Beginner

And I can add that this is not occuring with the 314.22. Weird.

0 Kudos
levicki
Valued Contributor I

NVIDIA seems to have some issues with 320.18 so reverting to the older driver might help.

Related question for Intel:

Would it be possible for OpenCL to work without monitor attached to IGPU, with another GPU working as primary? If not, why not? The way I see it is that even if OpenGL interop could not work in such a scenario at least compute capability (number crunching) should be possible.

0 Kudos
LLess
Beginner

As far as I know, it is currently not possible for OpenCL to work without a monitor attached with any Intel GPU.

It should be feasible since the Xeon Phy for example doesn't have a video output and works with OpenCL.

0 Kudos