OpenCL* for CPU
Ask questions and share information on Intel® SDK for OpenCL™ Applications and OpenCL™ implementations for Intel® CPU.
Announcements
This forum covers OpenCL* for CPU only. OpenCL* for GPU questions can be asked in the GPU Compute Software forum. Intel® FPGA SDK for OpenCL™ questions can be ask in the FPGA Intel® High Level Design forum.

Request: Offline Compiler.

LLess
Beginner

Hi,

I have tried to use the offline compiler but it is turning to be painful.

When an error is detected it is showing the line number but the dialog showing the code is not displaying the numbers so I have to rely on an external editor (Notepad++) to find out which line caused the issue.

Ideally, we would want to see the line numbers on the dialog and also when double clicking on an error have the appropriate line selected.

Thanks.

Laurent.

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Uri_L_Intel
Employee

Hello Laurent,

Thanks for the feedback.

You may consider using the Offline Compiler integration with Microsoft Visual Studio (http://software.intel.com/sites/landingpage/opencl/user-guide-2013/hh_goto.htm#Using_Offline_Compiler_Integration_with_Microsoft_Visual_Studio.htm) which will provide you the ability to highligh the line on double click.

This feature will also be availble on the next version of the stand-along Kernel Builder tool on our future releases.

Thanks,

Uri

0 Kudos
Raghupathi_M_Intel

Hi Laurent,

I am using the 2013 Beta SDK and I can see the line numbers on the left side of the code window. What version of the SDK and Kernel Builder are you using?

I agree that double clicking the error to jump to the offending line is a neat feature. We will consider this for a future release.

Thanks,

Raghu

0 Kudos
LLess
Beginner

Hi Raghu,

I was using the 2012 version. I will install the 2013 beta for the offline compiler then. Since I am developing on the HD4000 the 2013 beta is not adding anything for me at the moment.

If you are considering new features then an add-on for Visual Studio to compile the .cl files and having it integrated in the UI would give us jumping on the errors for free I think :)

Thanks.

Laurent.

0 Kudos
LLess
Beginner

Hi Raghu,

Just installed the 2013 SDK and indeed the Offline Compiler shows the line number now.

It is much nicer too. I like the Info button too although it would be good to include the supported texture formats too since there is quite a big difference between CPU and GPU support right now.

Something might work on the GPU but not on the CPU for example, I would have thought that the opposite was going to happen but hey :)

Laurent

0 Kudos
Raghupathi_M_Intel

Thanks for the suggestion Laurent. We will definitely look into it.

Raghu

0 Kudos