OpenCL* for CPU
Ask questions and share information on Intel® SDK for OpenCL™ Applications and OpenCL™ implementations for Intel® CPU.
Announcements
This forum covers OpenCL* for CPU only. OpenCL* for GPU questions can be asked in the GPU Compute Software forum. Intel® FPGA SDK for OpenCL™ questions can be ask in the FPGA Intel® High Level Design forum.
1718 Discussions

Sandybridge onchip GPU support cat /proc/cpuinfo Intel Xeon E31245

andy-nisbet
Beginner
Hello,
apologies, I should have been able to determine this easily but the information was hard to find ... I believe my processor has HD3000 graphics, the OpenCL release notes state ...

• Intel HD Graphics supports OpenCL* only on the 3rd Generation Intel Core Processors with the Intel HD Graphics 4000/2500.
  • Intel HD Graphics is supported only on the MicrosoftWindows* 7 operating systems.

If someone could let me know if my current processor will support onchip graphics exploitation via OpenCL that would be great.

Thanks,

Andy
0 Kudos
1 Reply
Raghupathi_M_Intel
Hi Andy,

Sorry for the late reply. The answer is no. There is no OpenCL GPU support on HD3000. Please see the FAQ http://software.intel.com/en-us/articles/opencl-sdk-frequently-asked-questions/ for more info.

Thanks,
Raghu
0 Kudos