OpenCL* for CPU
Ask questions and share information on Intel® SDK for OpenCL™ Applications and OpenCL™ implementations for Intel® CPU.
Announcements
This forum covers OpenCL* for CPU only. OpenCL* for GPU questions can be asked in the GPU Compute Software forum. Intel® FPGA SDK for OpenCL™ questions can be ask in the FPGA Intel® High Level Design forum.
1719 Discussions

Sharing 10bit D3D Surfaces (like P010)?

softworkz
Novice

Hi,

this is some kind of follow-up to that older question here: https://community.intel.com/t5/OpenCL/Can-t-share-D3D11-Surface-with-OpenCL/m-p/1069844

Being unable to share 10bit surfaces is really unfortunate because downloading and re-uploading surface data voids all benefits.

It's 4 years later and I wanted to know if there has been any progress in this area?

AMD has an extension that supports P010: https://www.khronos.org/registry/OpenCL/extensions/amd/cl_amd_planar_yuv.txt

Is there anything new from your side?

BTW, what's the cl_intel_unified_sharing extension? I haven't found any documentation for it.

Thanks,
sw

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
HoppeMateusz
Employee

Hello,

NEO runtime supports D3D11 sharing with follwoing planar formats: NV12, P010, P016

subresource passed to:

cl_mem clCreateFromD3D11Texture2DKHR(cl_context context,
                                     cl_mem_flags flags,
                                     ID3D11Texture2D *resource,
                                     UINT subresource,
                                     cl_int *errcode_ret)

indicates which plane is going to be shared.

Those formats are not listed in the extension spec, but it should be possible to share such formats.

Do you observe any issues?

Mateusz

View solution in original post

4 Replies
HoppeMateusz
Employee

Hello,

NEO runtime supports D3D11 sharing with follwoing planar formats: NV12, P010, P016

subresource passed to:

cl_mem clCreateFromD3D11Texture2DKHR(cl_context context,
                                     cl_mem_flags flags,
                                     ID3D11Texture2D *resource,
                                     UINT subresource,
                                     cl_int *errcode_ret)

indicates which plane is going to be shared.

Those formats are not listed in the extension spec, but it should be possible to share such formats.

Do you observe any issues?

Mateusz

softworkz
Novice

Hi Mateusz,

thanks for the reply!

Meanwhile I found the source code for this in the compute-runtime GitHub repo for Linux...

It's a bit funny...you had made that change 3 years ago but without documenting or telling anybody

I already got it working, just one question: Do you know in which MediaSDK version (=Windows drivers' having MediaSDK version X) this has been added?

Thanks,
softworkz

0 Kudos
HoppeMateusz
Employee

Hi,

it would be hard to find specific version of MediaSDK this change was pulled into, change was added in July 2018 - so to be safe i would say that 2019 releases should have it.

Mateusz

0 Kudos
softworkz
Novice

OK, thank your very much!

softworkz

0 Kudos