OpenCL* for CPU
Ask questions and share information on Intel® SDK for OpenCL™ Applications and OpenCL™ implementations for Intel® CPU.
Announcements
This forum covers OpenCL* for CPU only. OpenCL* for GPU questions can be asked in the GPU Compute Software forum. Intel® FPGA SDK for OpenCL™ questions can be ask in the FPGA Intel® High Level Design forum.
1719 Discussions

Slow loads of compiled binaries

janez-makovsek
New Contributor I

Hi!

About a two years ago we reported that loading a (OpenCL) compiled CPU binary with Intel Open CL driver is exceedingly slow (2minutes), if the binary contains something like 1000 kernels. (or in that order). Both AMD and NVidia drivers load such binaries in a split second. Is it reasonable to expect that this woudl be fixed at some point in the future? Currently the issue is still present.

Thanks!
Atmapuri

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Yuri_K_Intel
Employee
Hi Atmapuri, Could you please provide a reproducer (a file with kernels) for this issue? I understand that we could just try to make it up by your description (~1000 kernels), but I hope this way it will be better/faster to reproduce. Thanks, Yuri
0 Kudos
janez-makovsek
New Contributor I

Yes, that would be great. Where I can send this to?
Thanks!
Atmapuri

0 Kudos
Yuri_K_Intel
Employee
Please, use 'Send author a message' link and attach the kernel in 'Protected Attachment' (Add files, Start Upload). Thanks, Yuri
0 Kudos