OpenCL* for CPU
Ask questions and share information on Intel® SDK for OpenCL™ Applications and OpenCL™ implementations for Intel® CPU.
Announcements
This forum covers OpenCL* for CPU only. OpenCL* for GPU questions can be asked in the GPU Compute Software forum. Intel® FPGA SDK for OpenCL™ questions can be ask in the FPGA Intel® High Level Design forum.

Support for Bay Trail Atom E3800 series?

Philipp_S_
Beginner

Hi,

for the OpenCL 2013 R3 SDK I noticed that there is OpenCL support for the former "Bay Trail" Atom Z3000 series of processors. I'm just wondering if this also includes support for their embedded counterparts out of the "Bay Trail" Atom E3800 series?

If support is not included yet in the SDK, are there plans to extend the OpenCL support also to the Atom E3800 series?

Thanks,

Philipp

0 Kudos
5 Replies
ARNON_P_Intel
Employee

Hi Philipp

The OpenCL SDK supports "Bay Trail" platforms with OpenCL support for Windows 7/8/8.1. 

For OpenCL support on the Intel Atom E3800 series, you will need to talk with your system integrator or OEM that provide you with the system . In supported configurations, most likely the SDK will work for you as well.

Thanks, 

Arnon

0 Kudos
Philipp_S_
Beginner

Hi Arnon,

thanks a lot for your response, that's great to hear.

Some manufacturers indeed specify OpenCL 1.2 compliance for their Atom E3800 series boards, some others are not that clear in their datasheets. Think we'll get some E3800 hardware soon and simply try out.

But correct me if I'm wrong: Isn't OpenCL support not only defined by the SoC itself, its graphics driver package and OpenCL SDK (all parts presumably from Intel) and the operating system? What's the part of OEMs in this process? Do they need to modify e.g. the graphics driver package specific to their boards?

Thanks,

Philipp

0 Kudos
ARNON_P_Intel
Employee

You got it right,

The main dependency is the graphics driver version supported by the OEM. The SDK itself supports Graphics Driver version 15.33 and above for Bay Trail (Intel Atom E3000/Z3000 series).

Hope this help,

Arnon

0 Kudos
muramastu
Beginner

0 Kudos
muramastu
Beginner

Hi Arnon,

So, Can I say that the OpenCL SDK isn't supported by Atom™ Processor E3845 on Linux ?

Thanks!

BR,

Tu

0 Kudos