OpenCL* for CPU
Ask questions and share information on Intel® SDK for OpenCL™ Applications and OpenCL™ implementations for Intel® CPU.
Announcements
This forum covers OpenCL* for CPU only. OpenCL* for GPU questions can be asked in the GPU Compute Software forum. Intel® FPGA SDK for OpenCL™ questions can be ask in the FPGA Intel® High Level Design forum.
1718 Discussions

Uninstalling OpenCL SDK 1.5 on Windows 10 after upgrade from Windows 7

Erik_O_
Beginner

I installed OpenCL SDK 1.5 when my computer had Windows 7 Home. It is now upgraded to Windows 10 Home. When I try to install "OpenCL runtime for Intel Core and Xeon Processors" I get the error message "An out-of-date version of the OpenCL runtime package is already installed on your machine. Remove any previous installation before you continue."

When I try to uninstall the OpenCL SDK 1.5 I unfortunately get the error message "Intel(R) OpenCL SDK 1.5 designed to work on Windows 7* or Windows Vista* only. The installer detected that you're trying to install the SDK on a different version" and then the installer exits without uninstalling.

How do I remove the Intel Open CL SDK 1.5 on Windows 10?

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Robert_I_Intel
Employee

Hi Erik,

Could you please try the procedure outlined here http://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials/272460-programs-uninstall-using-command-prompt-windows.html ?

1. Remember to start command prompt as a system administrator

2. Use /nointeractive version of the uninstall

Let me know how it goes.

0 Kudos