OpenCL* for CPU
Ask questions and share information on Intel® SDK for OpenCL™ Applications and OpenCL™ implementations for Intel® CPU.
Announcements
This forum covers OpenCL* for CPU only. OpenCL* for GPU questions can be asked in the GPU Compute Software forum. Intel® FPGA SDK for OpenCL™ questions can be ask in the FPGA Intel® High Level Design forum.
1718 Discussions

Visual Studio 2010 opencl offline-compiler compiles always, even when sources have not been changed

Volker_Bruns
Beginner

Hi,
the Visual Studio 2010 plugin from the 2013 Opencl SDK proved to be very helpful so far. However, to me it looks like it compiles the cl files always, even when the source files have not been changed. This is a bit annoying and costs a lot of time. Is this expected behavior or have I not configured my project correctly?

The same behavior can be seen in the SimpleOptimizations API example and I guess that's why the cl files are manually excluded from the build.
If this is expected behavior, then I guess, this would be my first feature request.

Cheers

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Oded_P_Intel
Employee

Hi,

Thank you for your question. 
This is the expected behavior.
The Offline Compiler is run as an external tool and therefore is run similar to post-build command.
That is the reason it compiles the cl files in every build.
We will consider adding this feature in future releases.

Best Regards,
Oded

0 Kudos