OpenCL* for CPU
Ask questions and share information on Intel® SDK for OpenCL™ Applications and OpenCL™ implementations for Intel® CPU.
Announcements
This forum covers OpenCL* for CPU only. OpenCL* for GPU questions can be asked in the GPU Compute Software forum. Intel® FPGA SDK for OpenCL™ questions can be ask in the FPGA Intel® High Level Design forum.
1719 Discussions

When the debugger on Mac OS available?

Xinyan_S_
Beginner

Hi there: 

I don't know if anyone else has the same feeling that developing on mac is much more difficult, because there is no debugger to analyze my OpenCL program. Sometimes the behavior is different from my espect. That makes me crazy!!!

So, anyone can tell me when the debugger on Mac Xcode etc. available. Or whether can I use Windows virtual machine to do the same thing.

Thank you very much!!!

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Jeffrey_M_Intel1
Employee

I don't want to get in the way of responses from others from this community.  However, this forum's scope is Intel(R) SDK for OpenCL(tm) applications and related drivers/runtimes.  These don't support Apple OSes and tools.  You may get a better answer from Apple's forums.

For the approach of using a Windows virtual machine, the most straightforward way to do this would be with the CPU runtimes.

0 Kudos
Edgardo_Doerner

I do not know the technical or commercial feasibility of the following idea, but it would be nice if Intel could give to developers working on Mac the same tools that are available for Windows and Linux.

In my case I have Parallels running in my iMac in order to do a first test of my OpenCL codes, the CPU runtimes work very well and I am able to profile my programs without problems. And about Apple OpenCL support, sometimes is really a mess...

0 Kudos
gaston-hillar
Valued Contributor I

Edgardo,

My comment is not 100% related to this thread but it is related to your comment. These days I work with macOS around 70% of the time. The rest of the time is split between different Linux versions and Windows 10. Intel software has been launching most of the new products with support for macOS. For example, Intel Python distribution runs on macOS. Intel XDK runs on macOS, and many other products, too.

Having said that, I would also love to work with all the Intel OpenCL products for macOS. :)

0 Kudos
Jeffrey_M_Intel1
Employee

Thanks for your feedback on macOS OpenCL SDK support.  I've entered the feature request.  Prioritization is complex and I can't make any guarantees, but requests like this are always appreciated for product planning.  

0 Kudos
gaston-hillar
Valued Contributor I

Jeffrey,

Awesome! As always, it is a pleasure to know that Intel considers the feedback provided in the forums.

0 Kudos